1 2 3
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku Dork
11/11/11 3:52 p.m.

another swing at the Audi thing. The early A6 95-mid98 (basicly an updated 100/200) could be had with a V6 / quattro/ autobox. Later could too, but getting really heavy and expensive. Just had one here in the shop. The A4 could be had in turbo 4 or V6 form too with autobox. Sedan and wagon (avant) bodies for both

mmosbey
mmosbey Reader
11/11/11 5:10 p.m.
mthomson22 wrote: http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/08/12/random-snap-gt-gt-race-wagon.aspx Now this looks very interesting....vintage with a twist. Could look quite proper in authentic BRE livery.

Me likey.

MX3GT
MX3GT New Reader
11/12/11 4:38 p.m.

There have been some fun suggestions but I vote keep the Focus as well.. unless I wind up selling ya my FD or something. ;-) As far as rigid frame chair's & RX-7's go, I expect with enough finagling, you could get one into the back of any gen, though figure an FC would be the easiest fit. Non-turbo rotaries & automatics.. eh, if it's mostly gonna be street driven/not track time, I don't think the lack of low-end torque would be thaat bad, (especially after some bolt-ons & with IN's flat roads, haha).

Regarding 240-80Z's, as a fellow wheeled gimp & after having seriously considered them prior to the FD, unfortunately they didn't come with power steering until the ZX's, which IMO are less attractive on many fronts. (though suppose with the right livery, any of the oldies could look wicked) It is possible to swap a power rack in from certain other vehicles, (at least if you've got a V8 of sorts), but it wasn't something I was ready to attempt getting somebody else make happen. I briefly considered Z32's but overall they're just too big & heavy for my tastes.

EDIT - oh, and didn't ya specifically say '00+ when you decided upon the Focus? lol

mthomson22
mthomson22 New Reader
11/12/11 8:54 p.m.

Curses on you for leading me down the FD path. My auto ADD brain can think of nothing else now......thinking of ways to convince you to swap your FD to me for my Focus and some $$.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LP7Lk2O8ziMaZ7wevwQDS1gbBMnXmORAIhqieJXOkpFW0CqRcH6p9eIZZya3tRlJ