1 2 3
Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/9/22 11:30 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Ranger50 said:

Why can't you upgrade to a 96 MY mount?

Because no one told me they existed.  I want to smack the people at FordSix

I always look to newer model years of the same chassis for solutions.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
7/9/22 5:24 p.m.

W211 E55 use hydraulic mounts. When you molest the engine even a little, they go from being a replace-at-35kmiles to replace-every-other-oilchange. Which gets tedious. I bought a set of oem mounts that had the oil replaced with urethane, iirc by way of renntech or something. The upside is that I don't have to replace mounts anymore. The downside is that at idle, the car is juuuust a little bit nascar. Since I'm kinda an idiot this doesn't bother me none. I bet your current mounts could get urethane filled for *cheap*..

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
8/22/22 8:37 p.m.

I am very very happy with these.  Gonna tack 'em and bolt 'em to a block to make sure everything is good.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
11/20/22 11:30 a.m.

As I mentioned, I got my TIG welder.  So now I'm looking around for stuff to weld.

Dug out the bits, dug out the welder.  Started working.  Stopped working cause it started raining.
Stupid rain.

Honsch
Honsch Reader
11/20/22 5:26 p.m.

You would have been well served to bevel where the welds will be for better penetration.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
11/20/22 5:56 p.m.
Honsch said:

You would have been well served to bevel where the welds will be for better penetration.

I did.  Not a huge amount, but I did.
There aren't any true butt welds on here, at least not for strength.  It'll all be tee welds or corner welds, so I'm not 100% worried about penetration at this stage.

Other than what's in the last pic, its all just tack welds so I can get it all in place. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/21/22 12:23 a.m.

In reply to Honsch :

With all the tabs and slots I see in that, I think a bit of bubble gum would hold!angel

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ajUl1i52RLqfRuv5Hdr0LB5M56X7bjAL4FQdfnhHWf6Svxgatde5QOICJH7NTVQi