Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
10/8/13 4:52 p.m.

I'm planning our 15th annual Subaru SVX meet for April of 2014. I want to start a new event this year and have a Concourse Judging as part of the weekend. This is a small, 30-50 car event and mostly informal. I am planning only two classes, "Showroom Stock" and "Modified".

Has anyone been involved in a single model event like this? If you have any suggestions or example of the judging sheets you used I would greatly appreciate it.

The only Concourse I have ever been involved in was the $2006 GRM Challenge. For events like this is there usually a entrance fee? Awards?

Any other thoughts?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/8/13 4:56 p.m.

How many judges?

Are the judges expert?

How informal?

I would go to local suppliers for a few awards. No charge for a small event usually unless you wish to offer more classes and a dash plaque

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
10/9/13 6:29 p.m.

2-3? I also had a suggestion to allow the audience judging to count towards the final score? Maybe with the audience participation totaling the vote of one judge?

Not sure what you mean by expert? I have a couple people in mind that are very familiar with the SVX as far as stock/non stock. As far as experts in judging an event like this, there is no one I have in mind.

In the past it has been mostly a group hanging out in the parking lot of the hotel for 36 hours. We have done some scavenger type rallies, our most formal event is a raffle held for SVX/Subaru type items that people donate. Generally about 2/3's of the crowd is a returning member that knows everyone else fairly well. We do get some new folks every year though.

I was hoping to have some type of small trophy or award??

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/9/13 6:38 p.m.

I would have the audience pick a different trophy winner, people's choice.

Local car suppliers are usually willing to donate a prize in return for promotion.

Have you thought about food/drinks?

Bathrooms?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k7iLpgezJT5U2xxzPrQgomN6cwSyumCC2mAuSBu5xMhMWFYDls6xkQDza3LNCQeX