1 2
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/23/19 6:59 p.m.

In reply to ApexEight :

I have a little autocross time in an 8th gen Si, more track time. Stock the car is soft but makes good power and the LSD is wonderful. It transitions fairly slowly and so it's hard to get the car to keep up with what you want it to do. Anything you can do to reduce transition time, the big front bar and some reasonable shocks, will help. You can also play with alignment, especially rear toe (though I can't remember how much you can get out of the stock adjusters) to tune feeling once you get the front working. 

Nugi
Nugi Reader
1/24/19 10:57 a.m.

For sla civics, a softer front bar (hf) and stock si rear bar always seemed the magic setup for me. I think i ran 350f/250r and brought balance to the handling, allowing some rotation. Some autoxers would remove the front bar completely back in the day. I feel like for mcstrut cars, a bigger bar will be more beneficial, while its better to let an sla suspension work more. 

I was taught to tune with bars by adding stiffness to decrease grip, in the case of fwd, to eliminate understeer, which means big rear bar (comparatively). Its all about the balance you like. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T962zgav5U6qo3aOnVaK9vGQGfwkPfUzjN2OC45gi5KTngq3VrXekXU2LKhKuaxM