JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/16/14 6:59 p.m.

Ok I'm coming to realize I have this Yugo that is just plain a part of my life. I've designed this whole project in my head over the last 10 years, I've collected parts and supplies. I've spent more money than anyone should ever spend on a Yugo. And I can't sell it...no one wants it :)

So I really need to build it but due to injury, age, and just plain motivation factors I need a partner in crime.

Your qualifications:

You live within what YOU consider a reasonable driving distance from Mullica Hill, NJ and are willing to make that trip to work on the car and drink beer.

You don't need to be a master wrench but you need to be able to follow direction when given.

You'll be willing to sacrifice at least one saturday or sunday a month and when I set the date you won't have a dozen excuses why you can't make it.

When I don't set a date for a month you'll ride my ass to make sure the project stays on track.

Bonus if you have electrical/megasquirt experience.

What I'm offering you:

A chance to be a part of something bigger than us all. A chance to change peoples impression of what a Yugo can be forever.

Upon completion this car is gonna need test and tune, do you like to drive? I'll cover entry fees for local autox events and maybe even an HPDE if one is convenient so we can sort this out very well.

Team membership/driver privileges when the car is entered in the 24 hours of Lemons and GRM challenge.

Co-builder credits on any published articles about the car.

First right of refusal at an extremely discounted, you only, price should I decide to sell it.

Beer. Probably pizza too.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
5/16/14 7:11 p.m.

Man, wish I lived in Jersey....Well, not really....But now I kinda do....No....I just wish you lived in NC.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
5/16/14 7:51 p.m.

I need a central Illinois muse. Good luck with your search.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
5/16/14 7:55 p.m.

I am close.. but I do not have the time :(.. I generally work weekends

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/16/14 7:56 p.m.

Would conference calling, Skype, Facetime, etc be considered acceptable forms of participation?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/16/14 8:00 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Would conference calling, Skype, Facetime, etc be considered acceptable forms of participation?

Sadly I need physical labor to make up for what I cant do anymore. Treat your body well kids or you'll end up screwed up before your time ;)

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
5/16/14 8:03 p.m.

I want it very much. I have no money.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
5/16/14 8:19 p.m.

I'd love to,but I'm too far.

As it happens I've taken on a similar role with a friend and co-worker's 68 Road Runner that hasn't run in 10 years.

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
5/17/14 12:40 a.m.

If I were less than 2500 miles away, your offer of pizza, beer and seat time would have me.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
5/17/14 6:26 a.m.
EvanB wrote: I want it very much. I have no money.

This^ but no time.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
5/17/14 9:37 a.m.

I hope it works out. I have been trying to convince myself a flared Yugo would be a good commuter because it's such a cool little car.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/17/14 10:39 a.m.
Wally wrote: I hope it works out. I have been trying to convince myself a flared Yugo would be a good commuter because it's such a cool little car.

I have another interested buyer trying to convince themselves of the same thing but it will need a few parts to put it back to streetable.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
5/17/14 10:51 a.m.

My biggest problem is my commute is 160 miles a day and I don't know that I am as competent as the average communist bloc factory worker.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
5/17/14 11:08 a.m.

I can probably help out in one or two Saturday afternoons over the summer. I do still owe you one for the weld job on the 9000's clutch bracket.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/17/14 12:28 p.m.

Cant do right now but in maybe a year to 18 months SWMBO's employer may move us to somewhere between princeton NJ and Ft washington PA. Then its game on

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/17/14 12:29 p.m.

Im not good with electronics but I can follow directions especially when theres a guinness as a reward

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/17/14 12:36 p.m.

I'm about an hour/hour and a half south of Princeton, I work there unfortunately...long commute.

Andy, I appreciate the offer and I'll probably take you up on it. I'm always happy to have extra hands around but what I'm really looking for is a teammate who will be as invested (emotionally) in this project as I am to help keep me motivated :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TQbApCdfGXCFWEF983N8YqNQDFIbgi1BPEQi3SyGGEGiUDK9wonybdnukLdWBZAx