corolla2tcte27
corolla2tcte27 New Reader
1/30/14 5:29 p.m.

Having a problem with this car. It's a 1.0 5 speed all stock motor. It won't accelerate without bucking at low rpm.Once you hit about 4000 rpm it runs better but still doesn't pull hard, seems slugish. Pulled a code from it says it is the pressure sensor circuit.Need help figuring out what it may be.Any help appreciated

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/30/14 5:42 p.m.

If it were carbureted I would suggest pulling the fuel filter to see if flow improves. Timing, stuck jets etc. Look around here, read up and use the search button.

Let us know the answer though.

Dan

http://geometroforum.com/index/

http://geometroforum.com/topic/5365791/1/

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
1/30/14 5:49 p.m.

I've seen vacuum leaks act like this. The only reason I'd say it might not be a fuel filter is that it runs better when the demand for fuel is HIGHER.

OneJay
OneJay New Reader
1/30/14 6:01 p.m.

I had the same issue on my Miata. Ran fine above 2500rpm, but below that under load it would stumble and was very sluggish. New spark plug wires did the trick.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
1/30/14 6:15 p.m.

What code exactly?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/30/14 6:30 p.m.

A friend had a metro a few years ago with the same problem. A MAP sensor was the culprit on that car.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
1/30/14 7:20 p.m.

intake manifold gasket.

dont have much experience, but Saturns seem to have this problem.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
1/30/14 8:10 p.m.

This is a long shot, however I have seen similar problems with the 3 cyl metro engines.

The fuel pressure regulator on the 1.0 TBI can get jammed from coolant leaking into the regulator assembly.

The TBI inlet pressure should be 11 to 13 PSI. There is no real way to measure the pressure without inserting a pressure gauge inline.

corolla2tcte27
corolla2tcte27 New Reader
1/31/14 6:25 p.m.

In reply to Kenny_McCormic:Code 31 Pressure sensor circuit.Researched it on the net to see what it was about. After seeing it and other suggestions found a vacuum line to the psc off, reattached and all is well.Thanks for the input especially ebonyandivory.Had to get it running right for a trip to Florida on monday to visit family. Wayne

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
1/31/14 7:08 p.m.

Do you need some fire to kill it with?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
1/31/14 7:45 p.m.

So... This might be the first time I actually helped someone here!

YES!!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6XrkqnvMBT7qrkCTqtb7nj2CpxjdacJdxHXPg89y06vqOwgeYAutsY77Ip3t8CCw