1 2
paul
paul New Reader
2/16/10 7:00 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: That is an interesting consideration... with less weight in the front, the V6 mustang might be a good contender for regional wins in FS...how would it do at Nats with a new front sway, sticky tires, and dampers? what is it about Shelbys that makes them so much better than a regular GT?

The shelby gt has a x-pipe, mufflers, cai, hurst shifter, 3.55 rear, but what really matters is the ford racing brand springs/shocks and anti sway bars...

...and rumor has it ford is going to have a variation of it's "Track Pack" for the 2010 mustang gt (consisting of 3.73 rear w/ lsd c.f. clutch plates, more aggressive brake pads, gt 500 stabilizer and rear lower control arms, springs/struts, wider hi-po rims/tires) available for the 2011 mustang v6...

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
2/16/10 7:05 p.m.

The Mustang is still classed in G Stock, as far as I know. However, it weighs about 3500 lbs.

rwdsport
rwdsport New Reader
2/16/10 11:57 p.m.

The only thing the genesis has running for it as far as I can tell is that you can stuff 285s...and the brakes arent bad. Its heavy, has relatively poor slalom performance according to some mags, and even with the "turbo torque" its no faster 0-60 than the front wheel drive civic. Its heavy too, i think 3200#? That puts it at roughly 400# heavier than the SRT, which also makes more power. However, I dont know the suspension design of either car, nor how much gummy you can stick under the dodge. I believe the civic is limited to 245, and even that is pushing it...

Ian F
Ian F Dork
2/17/10 6:49 a.m.

Due to the jumps in power for both models, I would guess the 2011 Mustangs will not be in the same classes as their older stable mates. But who knows...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TUzrjO1LdQcu39r4NMZhJ0w72dJlePpTCCXmguvYRdqre23cshnrpV1gDu14zUHp