ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/4/21 7:46 a.m.

My son got a hoverboard for xmas.  I have played with it a little bit.  Its hilariously fun.  It has also resulted in some amazing wipeouts  laugh

Is there a sanctioning body for hoverboard racing?  Hoverboard-cross?  Hoverboard-khana?

pirate
pirate HalfDork
1/4/21 9:20 a.m.

I'm 74 and while out in our motorhome with our two teenage granddaughters we saw several kids riding hoverboards very proficiently. We were all sitting there and I said I think I need one of those. My wife's response was "you will bust your butt" I responded with the old gag line "it's already got a crack in it". The two granddaughters couldn't stop laughing even calling their mothers to tell them the story. So every time I see someone on a hoverboard that's what I think of. They are very cool and it's amazing what people can do riding them. Probably not something I should be considering at my age.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/4/21 9:32 a.m.

In reply to pirate :

I'm 33 and they scare the hell out of me

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/4/21 9:34 a.m.

Just stopping in to say that kits like this exist that you can attach a hoverboard to:

I second a racing series.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/4/21 9:41 a.m.
Colin Wood said:

Just stopping in to say that kits like this exist that you can attach a hoverboard to:

The crazy thing is:  mega yaw control!  I wonder how that drives! 

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/4/21 9:51 a.m.

Saw a kid last weekend on one that was a tricycle configuration and used two-stick steering like a zero turn mower.  The sticks moved the footpads forward and back.  The thing had reverse in that setup.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
1/4/21 11:12 a.m.

not hoverboard, but similar, and competition:

edit:

I was trying to convince mazdeuce to get some informal laps on one at the kart track.  No luck, so far.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/4/21 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

I need more info...

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/4/21 5:29 p.m.

I saw a guy riding one of these a few months ago & it completely freaked me out. Not as much as the price did though. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/21 9:27 p.m.

I see all of these ridiculous powered death traps and my ankles shake in fear. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/5/21 9:08 a.m.
Mndsm said:

I see all of these ridiculous powered death traps and my ankles shake in fear. 

My bank account shakes in fear. My joints just creak & ache(more).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IuL0nQyS8H5tGk4t6qQrNI0pj7ATLF3GiNlV41QOHqDJL2hPS6co2NWJRreIY233