1 2
Ottawa
Ottawa Reader
6/10/21 1:54 p.m.
bigbrainonbrad said:

I've found it to be a beast in modest snow; we don't really get the heavy stuff here in Kentucky.

Yes, not a great selection of snow tires in that size but it was fine until the heavy snow/slush came (Ottawa can get over 100 inches of snow per year).

bigbrainonbrad
bigbrainonbrad Reader
6/10/21 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Ottawa :

I actually went to a square wheel and tire arrangement with 195/50-15. Makes rotation possible to compensate for the aggressive rear tire wear. Better tire selection as well. Still not a fun handling car, but it sticks.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/10/21 7:21 p.m.

We're on our second. First a 2008, second a 2012. Now with 150000 miles on it.

Easy to work on when needed. I've done a bunch of work from radiator replacement, secondary air pump, to oil changes and brakes. Once you know how it comes apart it's fairly easy. Remember it's actually French underneath!

You can defeat the TCS. There's a mechanics procedure to do it. I defeat it to have fun in the snow. Be careful as it will swap ends in an instant.

Enough beating on the trans. If you lift momentarily then shift it yourself it's actually quite smooth. If left in auto mode yes it's like a new driver learning, but that's because the computer releases the clutch fully regardless of situation.

70hp, 1800 lbs. Most of the weight down low. Like a 79 Rabbit. Only it's mid engined! I like ours. It's my wife's however. She won't let me autocross it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/10/21 7:30 p.m.

French explains the three lug wheels.  Never understood the Gallic fascination with having zero tolerance for fastener failure.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DlX2frWnyZWrOaJu2m3pgIVnPc0cTy6jKZP8Gx5Ew1cCW6efuYkIk9FdcfkhOkNs