1 2 3
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/18/14 7:40 p.m.
Duke wrote: I used to *love* telling people that I flew from Philly to Atlanta not once but twice to buy a used Neon.

The you flew where to do what? Looks are priceless. Yes. I flew halfway across the country and got in and drove home in a 400$ corolla. Yes I started the drive home by jump starting the car. Yes, it died again in Ohio. Yes I bought a 40$ repop battery in Indy. So what?

ncjay
ncjay Dork
11/18/14 7:41 p.m.

I think I'm doing it wrong. Last car I bought actually came to me. Guy drove into the shop I was working in and asked if anyone wanted to buy a car, if not, it was destined for the scrapyard. Purchased 1 car around 60 miles away, 1 truck at 35, the rest within 5-10 miles.

hotchocolate
hotchocolate Reader
11/18/14 10:50 p.m.

Drove over 1000 miles round trip this past june (from south east MN to Bolivar, MO) to pick up my current dd. Only regret was it was a rushed trip. One way rental down and drove my car back. Whole trip took just a little less than 24 hours. I will do it again but with more time so I can take in the scenery.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased New Reader
11/18/14 10:58 p.m.

I am pretty impressed by most of the stories on here of buying cheap cars and driving them home. Now I feel like a little girl taking my trailer.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UltraDork
11/19/14 8:44 a.m.

From Ohio I have flown to Madison WI, Philly and Alexandria VA for cars.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
11/19/14 9:43 a.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: I am pretty impressed by most of the stories on here of buying cheap cars and driving them home. Now I feel like a little girl taking my trailer.

I trailered my DD S197 home, but that was mostly because it came with a spare hood (stock was flat, PO put on a hood scoop version), they are worth money, and I couldn't have gotten the hood home otherwise.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
11/19/14 12:23 p.m.

I flew from Nashville to Dallas to pick up one of my bikes, then rode it home that day. The return trip was close to 700 miles.

My last truck was 400 miles away, so 800 mile round trip.

I'll go anywhere in the US if it's the right vehicle and deal.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
11/19/14 2:35 p.m.

I've gone 50-75 miles for a vehicle. I would do it again most likely.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
11/19/14 3:58 p.m.

WOW ! You folks are Heros !

Farthest that I gone is from Cape Cod up to Lake Placid and back.

I've paid friends to go from Buffalo to Chicago to Cape Cod and back to Buffalo to retrieve a car bought off of eBay.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lOaJqLlu5zSWejVD4r1YX7bm68yteStpWJcpk15pvHor92rmGQLi9UyBxbpv52CP