2 3 4
crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/8/22 12:00 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I don't think a lot of people know that fuel stabilizer is primarily made of ethanol, so it makes little sense to go buy ethan0l-free gas and then put stabilizer in it.

Im pretty sure most fuel stabilizers don't have ethanol. Are you thinking of fuel line antifreeze stuff like HEET? That stuff is just alcohol but things like Stabil aren't.

I am not thinking of HEET.  The Sta-bil brand does not contain alcohol, but other popular brands like Berryman, StarTron, Lucas, STP, and some of the proprietary labels like Briggs and Stratton, Yamaha, etc do include varying ratios of Methanol and Ethanol.

And gas line antifreeze is usually some combination of Isopropyl and Methyl alcohols

Now I'm curious. Is there a different Startron fuel treatment? Stabil and Startron is all I use these days and this one at least specifically mentions it doesn't contain alcohol. I don't understand how adding alcohol prevents the damaging effects of alcohol in storing fuel so if any additive marketed as a stabilizer has it Im curious to see how that works. I guess if there is one that uses they must have a reason.

https://interchem.co.tt/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/STAR-TRON-Enzyme-Fuel-Treatment-SELL-SHEET.pdf

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FDORL0tw3bHUrT943rWdihuqsuB3oukS23mSmM7HqGW2QhPNkndPeqN8CkYDFQGf