3 4 5
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/8/22 11:11 p.m.

In reply to Rons :

Lots of sordid history on the Chevron. I restored the chassis for a customer. It was one of the pink cars sponsored by Excita condoms. Only Keke Rosberg could make it win, everyone else found it too flexible to drive. Bobby Rahal did 1/2 a practice session at Lime Rock and pulled into the pits in discuss. Type B42 . I posted a photo of the chassis in the "show us something you made" thread a few years ago. I will re-post one there now.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/9/22 3:10 p.m.

Oh, you meant wagons.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/9/22 9:20 p.m.

This was my first nice car after getting a real job. Kept it for almost 11 year, most of it with a stage 1 tune and some with stage 2 (full turbo back) and other than routine maintenance didn't have do anything else. Had to sell when I switched jobs that had a significantly longer commute and didn't want to deal with stop and go with a stick shift. 

More recently picked up this 525i cheap from a co-worker, one owner car with a ton of maintenance records. Had ~220k miles but you couldn't tell from how straight the body was.. Lasted until 235k if I recall but ancillaries started failing one after the other (air con, window regulators etc) and I could not get it to pass smog. Didn't have time or garage space to deal with it so sadly had to donate. 

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
1/10/22 8:41 a.m.

Does this count? Best I can do at present...

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/22 9:52 a.m.

In reply to edwardh80 :

Foul.  Specifically disallowed!!!!  No SUV's

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/22 10:07 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

I saw this while out and about this past weekend. We need more cars like this. 

I saw on the other day and thought the same thing. Way back in 1999 I was shopping for a family hauler. We went to VW to shop wagons and I fell in love with the W8 Passat. 

We did not seriously consider it due to cost, but the regular version was SO NICE inside and I really wanted one. My wife at the time like the Grand Cherokee better (like everyone else in the country) Ever since I have wanted one as a DD. Ideally with the GTI drivetrain, or Type R drivetrain. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/22 10:09 a.m.

And I do miss this feature, so awesome for drive-ins. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/11/22 7:56 p.m.

In reply to buzzboy :

Although I didn't count my previous XJ in my own personal tally, I don't disagree.

Berck
Berck New Reader
1/11/22 8:10 p.m.

I'll stir the pot:

Absolutely a "station wagon" according to Toyota!

paddygarcia
paddygarcia Reader
1/11/22 8:56 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to edwardh80 :

Foul.  Specifically disallowed!!!!  No SUV's

Every time I think I want to V8 swap a Volvo 245 I take a drive in my V8 4runner and remember why not.

ggarrard
ggarrard Reader
1/12/22 12:05 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/12/22 12:56 p.m.

In reply to edwardh80 :

In reply to Berck :

In reply to paddygarcia :

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
1/12/22 2:35 p.m.

In reply to ggarrard :

Cressida wagon's are excellent................that's hard to resist.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/12/22 3:08 p.m.

Every now and again I see a Mazda 6 wagon. And then I shed a tear that they don't still sell them.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/12/22 4:04 p.m.

I have only had a 79 Mercedes 300TD.

I would love a Mini Clubman R55 though.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
1/13/22 1:12 a.m.
iansane said:
snailmont5oh said:

I'm gonna go with "above average". 

I love this. The bent hood trim looks like a snarl.

It's apparently very common damage for a '71 Ford. If something could touch the bumper, it could get the hood. I've been watching The Rockford Files lately, and I saw this. I started to feel not so bad. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/13/22 1:19 a.m.
ddavidv said:

Every now and again I see a Mazda 6 wagon. And then I shed a tear that they don't still sell them.

Ever since I bought the Lancer Ralliart wagon I've been considering what I would replace it with if necessary. The Mazda six wagon was high on the list for a long time. 
Number one on the list was a WRX wagon, but I sold it after six months and kept the Mitsubishi. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/13/22 6:51 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to edwardh80 :

In reply to Berck :

In reply to paddygarcia :

Adrian, I'm with you, man. Keep the faith.

rothwem
rothwem Reader
1/13/22 7:49 a.m.

I've, er, had three E91s.  Its an addiction, funny enough I haven't ever really taken any good pics of any of them.   

-Deep Sea Blue Wagon, was an auto/AWD car which is basically the worst E91 spec.  It was pretty though:

-Tasman! This one was a manual/AWD car.  It was awesome but I hurt my left knee and didn't drive it so it didn't make sense to keep it around.  

-The most recent one, black on black RWD/Sport Package, but an auto.  I bought it thinking I'd do an N55 swap but I really just like driving it how it is.  It'll probably stay pretty much stock forever probably.  Its got some 16's from an E60 on it in this pic and the tires are way too big.  I thought it looked kinda goofy but awesome at the same time.  

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mSF6lCy1cN9Cnqz2OaRv6AbHKfjMzc1LpuQCDroKXL538CHJDGHlIUyeffUzzaRf