1 2 3
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
9/6/17 11:02 a.m.
feature_image

If you haven't heard, Hurricane Irma is headed straight for Grassroots Motorsports' world headquarters in Holly Hill, Florida, And that unfortunately means that instead of bringing you another great episode of our weekly live show, Grassroots Motorsports LIVE!, we'll be preparing our homes and fami…

Read the rest of the story

Floating Doc
Floating Doc New Reader
9/6/17 11:22 a.m.

Stay safe! I'm just across the county in DeLand, work in Daytona, and sweating this one. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/6/17 11:32 a.m.

Stay safe, you folks.  Best of luck to all of you and your families.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/6/17 11:32 a.m.

JG can live feed his hurricane prep with his iPhone like the first few episodes. wink

Stay safe guys!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
9/6/17 11:56 a.m.

Stay safe, and best of luck weathering this storm.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
9/6/17 12:15 p.m.

I'd tune in for a live feed of that. Kinda different. 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
9/6/17 12:16 p.m.

Stay safe! 

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
9/6/17 1:15 p.m.

Stay safe indeed!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/6/17 1:20 p.m.

If y'all flee north, i have a place for you. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/6/17 1:26 p.m.

Board up the house and get the hell outta there. This one's no joke. yes Safe travels!

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
9/6/17 1:40 p.m.

Bug out and be safe. If you need a place to crash on the West coast (Tampa area), drop me a note.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill UberDork
9/6/17 1:54 p.m.

Please, just stay safe.  We'll sort the rest out later.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
9/6/17 2:05 p.m.

Trying to get my parents to leave. This one looks bad.

Learned why there is no such thing as a level 6 hurricane, because they are rated by amount of damage expected, and a 5 is expected to destroy just about everything in its waysurprise

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
9/6/17 2:16 p.m.

Safety Fast ! 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
9/6/17 2:17 p.m.

Cannot   not  believe the wine cellar of Branson on Necker island he  is  hunkered  down in ...   ?

billionaires

rslifkin
rslifkin SuperDork
9/6/17 2:22 p.m.
Karl La Follette said:

Cannot   not  believe the wine cellar of Branson on Necker island he  is  hunkered  down in ...   ?

billionaires

Might as well use it if you've got it!  Plus, it's that many less people to jam onto whatever last flights, etc. out of there.  

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
9/6/17 4:57 p.m.

Stay safe. My brother and his family are leaving the South Daytona area and coming up this way to stay with us. Not taking any chances.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/6/17 5:15 p.m.

I've seen pictures of some moderate wine cellars. They're bigger and nicer than my house (and surely cost much more to build).

Justjim75
Justjim75 New Reader
9/6/17 5:46 p.m.

I live in Montgomery Alabama, straight up 65.  If ANYONE needs help or dialysis (weird I know but I'm a Biomed at the biggest dialysis company in the world, Fresenius) feel free to call me, Jim at 334 202 6275, even if you just need a friendly place to park for a few or someone to feed you.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/6/17 7:14 p.m.

Batten the hatches for this one. The big choppers just stopped flying over my house yesterday, hopefully the crews get a brief rest before they need to cruise around Florida. 

Stay safe.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/6/17 7:50 p.m.

Stay safe everyone. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/6/17 8:47 p.m.

I am sweating it considering I live 50 yards from the marsh in Neptune beach FL.  Ughhh... my family is leaving Friday for Georgia.

I will be working in the Emergency Operations Center all weekend so at least I can look forward to the overtime.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/6/17 9:00 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

I am sweating it considering I live 50 yards from the marsh in Neptune beach FL.  Ughhh... my family is leaving Friday for Georgia.

I will be working in the Emergency Operations Center all weekend so at least I can look forward to the overtime.

Carli asked about you and stampie.  I told her you're a cop you get to stay.

BIL plans to send his wife and kids to GA and "stay with his house" for whatever reason he has.  Probably considers facing a hurricane easier than evacuating with his wife (no comment) and 3 kids and 3 dogs and his mother in law. 

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
9/6/17 9:18 p.m.

We're still watching but current plans are to head to upstate SC at my dad's. Kinda surprised at my employer's directive today of GTFO if you feel the need. I see a lot of OT in my future. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/6/17 9:34 p.m.

Scary video from Saint Maarten. Please, if you are in the path of this storm, GTFO.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uBqR3136dBI1Prwu5n9uOHlJlU3euqWfzwL0ZPuhstlSlxhm34vfAj0i3EYeWeda