Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
2/14/23 3:36 p.m.

Hello all,

I am putting some thought into improving the refinement of my 302 powered Pinto. One of the areas that could use improvement is nvh in the cabin. The car already has killmat in the interior, and is reasonably comfortable, however allot of engine vibration is transmitted into the cabin. currently I am using engine mounts that looks like this:

I am thinking of switching to some kind of OEM hydraulic engine mounts. Similar to the 2015 mustang mounts shown below:

There are some lower cost options available online which I assume are not high enough quality to bother with. My question is this:

Have you used/replaced hydraulic motor mounts on one of your vehicles and noticed it is a convenient design? Do you have a low cost mount you can recommend?

iansane
iansane Dork
2/14/23 4:18 p.m.

I've had pretty good luck with c5/c6 corvette mounts. $20/ea from rockauto for the anchor branded versions. Locating dimple on both sides and compact design.

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
2/14/23 4:28 p.m.

Fantastic suggestion. Have you used the anchor brand before?

Thanks!

iansane
iansane Dork
2/14/23 4:32 p.m.

Yeah, I have the anchors in a vq35 swapped celica right now and I'm pretty sure I'm going to redo the mounts in my volvo-e30 to use those(it currently has similiar to what you originally posted, some poly leaf spring bushings shoved into some DOM tubing)

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
2/14/23 4:34 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

Whoa whoa whoa... build thread?

iansane
iansane Dork
2/14/23 5:09 p.m.

I've got a thread with a bunch of my junk in it but not really too in-depth on every car. Which one were you curious about?

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
2/14/23 5:16 p.m.

The Vq celica sounds perfect. I can't stop thinking about a modern v6 in my pinto, very interested in your experience with the celica.

I'll find your thread.

Edit: I'm already following it! We need a celica/jseries racecar update!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/14/23 5:25 p.m.

Any dimensions on these?

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
2/14/23 5:28 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

GaryC83
GaryC83 Reader
2/14/23 6:12 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

that's what we use in all our E36 M3 (LS, LT, and a bunch of other random crap).

we run OEM and usually the heat shields too, as they tend to hold up the best as these things get 10's of thousands of miles on them. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/14/23 6:12 p.m.

Are they hydraulic?

I ask only because cheap replacements often are not.  That was certainly the case for my S40, the cheaper mounts were just rubber bushings, I ponied up the extra $90 or whatever it was for the correct hydraulic mount.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/14/23 7:08 p.m.

In reply to Shavarsh :

Thank you. 

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
2/15/23 3:51 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Pete is there any way to check without cutting one open? The manufacturers site claims they are hydraulic, I have some in the mail I'll be able to play with soon.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
8/29/23 10:44 p.m.

Any updates?

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
8/30/23 2:16 p.m.

In reply to Racingsnake :

I ordered a set of the c5 mounts, and designed the brackets, but after swapping my transmission mount from poly to rubber it became less of a priority. I sent them back for now, but will reevaluate when done with my speeduino conversion. The Anchor branded units definitely seemed to be hydraulic and not solid, however I did not cut one open.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
8/31/23 12:59 a.m.

Thanks for the update

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/31/23 12:33 p.m.

In reply to GaryC83 :

hey man, good to see you're still around!  got any tech tidbits or project updates to pass along?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/31/23 1:49 p.m.

Corvette engine mounts with the cast aluminum brackets...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mjZYut1KQFiiXRS6ixKJmEOKtEHjVJOqGiMFNJPiwNAXZfVLQY1N0tkLOtI13Yrq