1 2 3
rwdsport
rwdsport Reader
5/17/17 12:45 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: Give me 30 sets of tires, I'm headed to Ebisu.

This. So much this. All day party vaporizing tires.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
5/17/17 1:02 p.m.

I'd hand off the nd and airfare to someone else.

For my last drive, I'm going to take a buddy to Canada via airplane, then explain that the goal is to drive to Mexico without paying for anything.

Like literally beg borrow or steal.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
5/17/17 1:27 p.m.

Run around the ring a couple of times, then head for the alps - but I'm stealing a Cayman GT4 to do it in.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/17/17 2:06 p.m.
FlightService wrote: Autonomous hover vehicles have taken over the world and all the roads are about to be pulled up and all wheeled vehicles will be crushed.

So in other words, the backstory to Motorcity has happened

I'd say just set me loose on the streets of Japan. The Wangan and mountain touge roads are there.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
5/17/17 3:47 p.m.

Toss up between Mid-Ohio and Sa Calobra (road on Majorca island in Spain). But I'd really prefer to take my Cayman...before they crush it and all

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
5/17/17 3:54 p.m.

Oh, you know. That way. (waves hand vaguely)

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
5/17/17 5:34 p.m.

Into Yellowstone, and then as many trips up and down the NW entrance through the Beartooths as I could squeeze in.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/17/17 6:16 p.m.

Im sacrificing one for tje greater good and driving that E36 M3 into the celebration meeting of the scumbags that made cars into personal buses.

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
5/17/17 7:30 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

Sounds great. On a similar note, I'd probably take the DC beltway without traffic. It's kinda like a racetrack that way then head on down to Shenendoah and do Skyline drive (also, without traffic, etc). All in a v8 ND I think.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
5/17/17 8:11 p.m.

In a genuine Chevette HSR to Mont Saint Michel. Turn around and give the world two middle fingers a la Sid Vicious and never return.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
5/17/17 8:39 p.m.

Since you didn't say I have to return the car, I would take it on an epic off-road high-speed rally, and then end at a snowy ski mountain, where I would put on studded tires and drive up the slopes at a high rate of speed (hitting the tabletop jumps on the way back down).

Also, since I will not be allowed to drive any more and won't need a license, I would have no intention of following any driving laws at any point in this drive.

Also, I'd stop at the liquor store at the end and get some booze to drink away the rest of my life not being allowed to drive.

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
5/18/17 12:24 a.m.

Can this be after all of the other cars are off of the road? I would choose Southern California, since I have some driving nostalgia there and I am vaguely familiar with where to go. During the day, Palms to Pines, Highway 2, and the hills of Malibu. During the night time, bomb through the illuminated city streets of LA, down the coast to OC and San Diego. The canyon and mountain roads can be a bit terrifying at night.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
5/18/17 9:11 a.m.

Plunk me down in Charleston WV and let me try to drive the entire Appalachian Mountains in one day.

bigev007
bigev007 Reader
5/18/17 6:50 p.m.

The North Coast of Scotland. It was epic enough in an Astra diesel, but in a V8 Miata? I can't even imagine. I could give up driving and be happy after that

vwcorvette
vwcorvette SuperDork
5/18/17 8:16 p.m.

Targa Newfoundland of course. Just stay there all day. Do I get Keith's notes too?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
5/19/17 6:29 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Oh, you know. That way. (waves hand vaguely)

This. It's how a lot of my weekend motorcycle trips are "planned"

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
5/19/17 7:05 a.m.

I'd trade the V8 Miata for a some kind of low prep class rally car or truck and head south of the border. I'd keep going until I couldn't drive any further south, AKA Tierra del Fuego. There's a good chance I'd just stay there too.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
5/19/17 7:07 a.m.

Either random adventure or one last drive over the twisties I know and love. Or a high speed run to the Keys.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
5/19/17 11:38 a.m.
minivan_racer wrote: Assuming no one uses the roads, one last true Red Ball to Portifino run to see if it can be done in 24 hours.

This. Except let me go on a motorcycle. A k1300 or similar hyper fast but comfy sport tourer sounds like the ticket, but I reserve the right to change my mind should the time come.

I_Love_Curves
I_Love_Curves New Reader
5/19/17 2:54 p.m.

Although I appreciate the attack on the autonomous vehicle makers, I can't decide on these places: southern California, Tokyo, Nurburgring or Mount Panorama. The street locations are chosen for roads AND food. If the streets aren't closed then it's down to the two tracks.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior HalfDork
5/19/17 3:46 p.m.

Berk! Ebisu looks amazing:

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
5/22/17 8:17 p.m.

I thought you all would like this one

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
5/22/17 8:28 p.m.

I don't know where I would drive but the end result would be the same as the end of Thelma&Louise because I have no interest in living in a world where I am not allowed to drive or ride.

corolla2tcte27
corolla2tcte27 New Reader
5/23/17 1:06 a.m.

They can have my car when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/23/17 8:47 a.m.
corolla2tcte27 wrote: They can have my car when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

Now this is the backstory to The Last Chase

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JPTtA166DRrD6GFMYb6KkdD9vcMGGPauVot5QZvP6bTBnSWJc42z2wfPaSbhw47Q