1 2
SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/21/18 9:43 p.m.

Sorry for my thread title excitement.

After much hemming and hawing, I've finally gone ahead and purchased a new daily driver! 

2018 Porsche 911 Carrera - Relevant options include PDK, Sport Chrono, Sport exhaust, 14 way seats with heating, sunroof, Bose and RS Spyder 20" wheels. Plans include daily driving year round and occasional track days (switching off with the Cayman). 

Not much of a photographer, but here are two boring pictures! Just felt like sharing with the hive, since I am always lurking and never really posting!

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
3/21/18 9:47 p.m.

is the cayman in a bubble?

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/21/18 9:51 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Yes, Car Capsule for winter storage (which is coming to an end soon, thankfully). My OCD is almost debilitating. 

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/21/18 9:51 p.m.

I am officially jealous

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/21/18 9:59 p.m.

I was kinda hoping for a VW Thing but nice Porker nonetheless. smiley

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
3/21/18 10:06 p.m.

Very nice car!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/21/18 10:22 p.m.

Awesome!  That’s one hell of a daily driver!

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/21/18 11:05 p.m.

Gorgeous. I’ve got to drive a PDK car some day. I’ve got a thing for manuals but all reports are that the PDK is even better. I gotta say I’m not sure I’ve seen a new 911 in black and it looks great. 

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
3/22/18 5:54 a.m.

Assuming you have a significant other, how do you get away with one car in a two car garage? 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/18 6:29 a.m.

I was expecting a VW Thing. 

tomtomgt356
tomtomgt356 Reader
3/22/18 7:21 a.m.

At first I was upset because you didn't buy a Thing, then I realized you bought a Beetle and that is related to a Thing, so I was a little less upset.

Congratulations on the new car!

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
3/22/18 8:29 a.m.

????   Needs moar:

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
3/22/18 8:52 a.m.

I cant see any pics. sad

Which is probably a good thing because I get P-car Envy 

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
3/22/18 9:27 a.m.
DWNSHFT said:

????   Needs moar:

That's what I was expecting

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/22/18 9:32 a.m.

Nice rides!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/22/18 10:21 a.m.

Congrats - that car looks like it will be a fun dd. I'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on it in comparison to the Cayman after driving both for a few months.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
3/22/18 11:16 a.m.

I'm sure its black but all I see is green. Nice ride.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
3/22/18 11:41 a.m.

I too would like to hear about driving 911 vs Cayman

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/22/18 11:54 a.m.

Gorgeous! Love it!

I've decided once I'm done with the 135i, which I actually like and can see myself keeping 3-4 years without being upset, the next thing I want to own is a Porsche.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
3/22/18 12:09 p.m.

As somebody who's cars get their last wash the day they leave the dealership, just being near something that clean gives me hive!

Love the THING.

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/22/18 9:13 p.m.
dculberson said:

Gorgeous. I’ve got to drive a PDK car some day. I’ve got a thing for manuals but all reports are that the PDK is even better. I gotta say I’m not sure I’ve seen a new 911 in black and it looks great. 

So far, I love the PDK. My Cayman is a 6MT and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I feel like the PDK just suits these downsized turbo motors really well. The car has such a fat torque-band, and the transmission really knows how to exploit it. It is truly staggering how fast this thing shifts...and this isn't even the PDK-S!!!

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/22/18 9:14 p.m.
rustybugkiller said:

Assuming you have a significant other, how do you get away with one car in a two car garage? 

Hahahaha...my wife is extremely understanding of my...quirks. 

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/22/18 9:14 p.m.
DWNSHFT said:

????   Needs moar:

Sorry for the lack of THING content :(...I would like a Thing also, though. 

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/22/18 9:16 p.m.
z31maniac said:

Gorgeous! Love it!

I've decided once I'm done with the 135i, which I actually like and can see myself keeping 3-4 years without being upset, the next thing I want to own is a Porsche.

My cousin had a 235i that I drove often, and now has an 2017 M3 ZCP. All of these cars have their strengths and weaknesses, but I definitely love the smooth inline-6 power delivery in the BMWs. I imagine the 1 series feels even better since its got an even smaller footprint than the 2!

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/22/18 9:17 p.m.
T.J. said:

Congrats - that car looks like it will be a fun dd. I'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on it in comparison to the Cayman after driving both for a few months.

Will definitely report back. I've already noticed big differences thus far, but that may well be because of turbo vs NA and manual vs automatic. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eKIV61F0DaYywWJnun4JOBgJbjATpSo8WtalBmglxeD8cBl7v3EaffTwf9JRIwjf