1 2
SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/22/18 9:18 p.m.
NOHOME said:

As somebody who's cars get their last wash the day they leave the dealership, just being near something that clean gives me hive!

Love the THING.

LOL I assure you, the car is plenty dirty now! I've put around 700 miles on it since Friday. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/18 9:28 p.m.

Wait...does this mean that modern day Porches are just glorified Volkswagens?

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
3/22/18 9:32 p.m.

Just as a side note...............can you even imagine a car company releasing a vehicle these days called a Thing?  Those were different days. Also it was back when VW was different and interesting.

JimS
JimS New Reader
3/23/18 12:41 a.m.

Beautiful car. Love the looks of a 911. I have 13 Carrera with PDK and the more I drive it the less I miss a clutch pedal. My son has a 14 Cayman S that I have driven. I prefer the 911 and so does he. 

texas_eitan
texas_eitan New Reader
3/23/18 12:43 a.m.

i love that bad ass devil

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/23/18 4:24 p.m.

In reply to JimS :

Thanks! I think thus far I still prefer the Cayman overall, but the 911 has a very unique and enjoyable feel to it. I've done 700 miles this week!

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
3/23/18 8:58 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Wait...does this mean that modern day Porches are just glorified Volkswagens?

devil

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
3/23/18 10:12 p.m.
DWNSHFT said:

????   Needs moar:

I was expecting this...

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
9/18/18 3:34 p.m.

Just a small update. Car has 5200 miles on it now, ~1000 of which have been on track. Completed nearly 16 hrs of track time this summer, in between the car's daily driving duties. Only change from factory has been ATE brake fluid and Motul Xcess 8100 engine oil. For reference, consumables with the above track time amounted to an obliterated set of rear OEM pads, and front OEM pads down to 1/5th thickness from stock. OEM Pirellis (with careful pressure management) could likely do another 2-3 days before calling it quits. Rest of the car has run rock solid with no issues :). 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/18/18 5:08 p.m.

In reply to SPORTCHRONO :

Awesome Update. Love it! Driving it like it wants to be driven! That's a very handsome car btw. 

SPORTCHRONO
SPORTCHRONO Reader
9/18/18 8:54 p.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to SPORTCHRONO :

Awesome Update. Love it! Driving it like it wants to be driven! That's a very handsome car btw. 

Thanks!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2DAQ6K4WoKKVa4uzKzuFv5T5Md54dB0NFg3JIXAhEfmeBP4mmupw9aVc8rSsebOc