Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
9/17/12 8:39 a.m.

... and I won't make a Butthole Surfers reference. (except I kind of did anyway)

I dreamt that I bought a Buick Roadmaster wagon—or Caprice, I'm not sure—blue with wood paneling. For $2000. It was a bittersweet purchase; the car was smooth and superb in everything it did, but it made no sense for me to purchase another car—even if it could be a great recreational and tow vehicle. I was immediately thinking about reselling it. Aside from its towing prowess, my girlfriend and I can get most of the same utility from her 3-door Yaris and get 35 mpg.

Anyone else had a car-purchase dream lately? Did it end well?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
9/17/12 9:49 p.m.

i keep hearing these lt1 caprice can get almost 30 mpg so i figure if you sell the yaris and buy a caprice all is still ok in the world

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
9/18/12 5:46 a.m.

30 mpg? You are dreaming.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/18/12 5:52 a.m.

Keep the wagon and use the Yarris as a tender.Maybe install some davits on the back.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
9/18/12 6:14 a.m.
Alan Cesar wrote: Aside from its towing prowess, my girlfriend and I can get most of the same utility from her 3-door Yaris and get 35 mpg.

Wait till that GF is a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, a boat, a 2 week summer vacation, and then tell us how that Yaris is working for you. Maybe your dream was a dream of what's to come?

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
9/18/12 7:37 a.m.

I have too many cars and sometimes i have dreams of wandering into the backyard and finding cars i havent seen in years that i thought i'd sold. It helps that my backyards over most of the last decade have been big enough to lose cars in.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
9/18/12 8:13 a.m.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that I went out and bought a red 1986 Mustang GT. It was in perfect stock condition with a stick and a red interior. My friend came over with his 2011 GT and started telling me that I needed to mod it starting with the wheels, and I adamantly refused to get rid of the stock 10-holes, repeatedly claiming that they weren't that bad. When I woke up, I explained the dream to my wife, and like most of my crazy car ideas, she just brushed it off, knowing that I'll come up with 10 other cars in the next hour to talk about.

A few days later, I went to a car show with my father, wife and nephew, and there it was: a perfect 1986 red Mustang GT with a stick, red interior, and the 10 holes. My wife then remembered the dream I had, and was shocked that the real car was sitting in front of us. If I had the money and it was for sale, I would have bought it right on the spot.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
9/18/12 8:22 a.m.
Vigo wrote: I have too many cars and sometimes i have dreams of wandering into the backyard and finding cars i havent seen in years that i thought i'd sold.

I have a variation of this one regularly - a car gone for 20 years turns up in storage at a relative's home or something like that.

Last night I bought a Z06, the night before a Tacoma set up for expedition. My nocturnal automotive ADD is worse than real life

stan
stan SuperDork
9/18/12 8:25 a.m.

Apparently we all dream and I'm sure most of us here dream about cars a lot of the time. My last CarDream -just a couple of days ago- had me with about 20 cars and trying to decide if I should keep them all. The wife even had three and was sitting in her blue one (I don't remember the make or model) and thinking she didn't like it much anymore.

My recurring dream used to be about driving my (sold) 914, but I finally moved on after a few years....

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
9/18/12 1:11 p.m.
Raze wrote:
Alan Cesar wrote: Aside from its towing prowess, my girlfriend and I can get most of the same utility from her 3-door Yaris and get 35 mpg.
Wait till that GF is a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, a boat, a 2 week summer vacation, and then tell us how that Yaris is working for you. Maybe your dream was a dream of what's to come?

Ha! She insists that she wants only two kids. Three is nearly five, which is practically the same as having a dozen. And that's just too many kids. We're sticking with two. One dog, and no boat.

Still, there might be a Roadmaster in our future, provided she can sell the Yaris in the not-too-distant future without being too far upside-down on the loan.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
9/18/12 1:15 p.m.

I have nightmares about buying a BiTurbo.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
9/18/12 1:31 p.m.

The last car dream I had - I was driving some sort of transformable Lambo and being chased by a giant. Although, he was so big all I could see was his big hairy feet coming down to crush me. Thankfully, I was in a super-duper fantasy Lambo and was able to violently swerve, accelerate, and generally escape said giant, at night, on top of a skyscaper.

I wish all my dreams were like that.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/18/12 2:21 p.m.

I haven't had many car dreams but once I had a very detailed dream in which I completely field stripped and reassembled a Walther PPK.

I have never owned a Walther PPK.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
9/18/12 2:40 p.m.

I had a dream once that I was hooning a monster V8 equipped Caprice Wagon in baby blue with wide white wheels and box fenders...

Kinda like this...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M7lj5x19ysbHxLkNiSqkabLO31qxItiP9LYYJEglGa4XZIvY3FcDFJ0AVcZrRmEG