1 2
stan_d
stan_d Dork
6/27/12 3:58 p.m.

If the ac quits on new bug check fuse box on top of battery. They melt.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
6/27/12 4:30 p.m.

The VW 4 were popular swaps into Imps for awhile so I would think the swap into a locost would work well.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/27/12 4:49 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: But do they have a separate engine harness to make things easy? I hadn't thought of a diesel. I'll have to spring that on him. Unfortunately I've never seen a diesel engine that feels right. It doesn't have power for very long & torque isn't a replacement for horsepower (at least in the feel good department) Would that Saab arrangement mean the engine sits really high or would it mean the engine would be behind the axle if you stuffed it in the rear of the car?

If you stuffed the saab drivetrain in the rear.. the diff would be below the very "rear" of the engine (fly wheel is towards the front of the car) and no.. if you look at a 900, it has a fairly low hood, the engine is canted over at about 45 degrees.

The only trouble is Saab 900 transmissions are a bit on the fragile side

Just to give you ideas:

mid-engined 97

procainestart
procainestart Dork
6/27/12 5:10 p.m.

Saab b212 with Trans (b202 is more common, basically the same but 2.0 vs 2.1 L)

turboswede
turboswede PowerDork
6/27/12 5:10 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Friend's daughter (17) just got a new Bug. When do I start getting the calls?

17 and a NEW bug? Seriously? Is it brand, brand new or just one of the Newer Bugs?

If it is the latter, don't volunteer to change the headlight bulbs or the timing belt.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f79JoQjiquIwe9lWBlSfDRqaS01woU7IE3XMnb51nLBdxGve5UQbftxwPvLfur6h