Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
7/15/22 10:17 p.m.

... and I had to fuel it for the first time since purchase this evening.

It required just shy of 11 gallons (of premium, $55.15) to travel those 1345.8 miles, and it was still claiming 190 miles to empty.  Miles driven electrically during the period show at 1057.2 

During that time I've spent $59 charging it at work  ($1/hr, capped at $4 for any session), and approximately $38 (close enough to $0.10/kWh to not make any difference) charging at home.  If I'm doing the math right, the miles/$ of electricity cost is just over twice that for a $ of gas.  

Only refueled this evening because my wife is taking it on a trip tomorrow exceeding the 40-50 mile nominal electric range.

I have a 27 mile trip each way to work (30 currently, due to road construction) and the X5 gets me to the charger at work with single digit range remaining-- 75+ mph for the well over half that trip gives the electric range a beating.  I doubt it will manage that during the winter with heat and lights required.

Going in, I was pretty sure I was going to be disappointed with the 3.5 kW charge rate as opposed the the 7 kW  rate the i3 (and the charger at work) was capable of, but with the charging cost at work capped, that's turned out to be less of an issue than I thought.

It's also towed a trailer full of storm-downed limbs to the local compost site during this time!

With the 3 liter six only having to handle highway cruising, can't really complain about 26+ mpg, based on these figures, for moving a roughly 5,700 lb vehicle around.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/15/22 10:26 p.m.

Awesome!  I am thinking a plug in hybrid of some nature will enter our fleet after the Tacoma lease ends.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eT394queXxby2aQjzbSThhOTVTf1m9F0jJyAbRU2uU0Su2snWQkhjQBu4DJeKrmf