1 2 3
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
7/25/21 1:37 p.m.

Cool little truck , my buddy ran his on veggie oil for a few months but thought it was too  much trouble and diesel was cheap then .

I had a Cabrio one summer , neat car for cruising up to Malibu etc,  I wish they have made a Jetta cabrio , the extra storage would have been nice :)

Trent
Trent PowerDork
7/25/21 2:41 p.m.

My favorite VW seats are the 86-90 Wolfsburg edition cabriolet sport seats. I even prefer them to the Recaros in the GLI models. There was 2/3rds of a set in my garage attic and the donor cabby had another pair. With all those pieces I should have enough height adjustable seat bases, backs, headrests and foam to make one good pair for the trucklet. 

Heritage parts also has reproduction fabrics for the 77-79 GTI interior. So a few meters of the cool red/white/black tartan material was shipped over from the UK to do this right.

Ernesto plans on starting them next week. Black cloth with the plaid in the center. No piping. I want French seams with contrasting white stitching. 

This look but a bit more updated

This being just another step towards de-americanizing this VW.  Next big job is a front end swap

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/27/21 2:38 p.m.

Looking good. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5aKx2HzgEO94QDGzy4Fwau7paEWvuiXjvjUIMGiXGCCeNyDhZ8R61osEib9s2VQB