3 4 5
NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/18/21 1:04 p.m.

I was jokingly accused of cheating at an event this year, that was pretty funny. I went and ran my XSB Miata with a region I hadn't run with in years and was kicking all sorts of ass. So between runs I was adjusting my shocks and someone came over and goes "I want to get a look at what makes this cheater Miata tick." Excuse me? "Well, you're raw-timing the SSM Miata with huge aero and 275-width Hoosiers, so everyone at the timing trailer figures you have to be cheating somehow." I had a laugh and he congratulated me and then said "You oughta be ashamed of yourself, beating up on those poor little SSM cars with your street tire car."

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/18/21 8:22 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

Okay let's say it's the local rallycross.  A guy has a carbon fiber hood in prepared which is weight reduction hence not legal.  What if I'm the only guy in the class besides him, and I flat out tell him it's fine with me?  I'd way rather have fun, have someone to compete against, then complain about each and every rule.  Pushing him to modified would leave us both competing against ourselves and no one else most events.  Why do that?  

That is the way it usually works.  People are upfront about their whatever that is technically illegal.  My PR car had at least five things not Prepared legal last year and nobody cared.

Locally, we used SR as a catchall for people who just wanted to have fun and not care about whatever.  It was all the same group of friends anyway.

Heck we had a discussion last event about everything I wanted to do to the car.  He has a turbo and fancy electronic diff in his 2008+ WRX STI so we'll see how it all works out. 

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NGjUYRrSUG6EwmvkzkrvQl58SJ3vyVfAgokW4NmnJI6e9PCj9TDQCNauJ8RZF2OQ