1 2
JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
2/21/20 9:52 a.m.

E36 M Coupe.  It was a great car except for being a BMW.

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
2/21/20 7:07 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Freaking LOVED the e39. Except for waiting to see what would break next. The fear is the fatal flaw.

And vacuum leaks. 

I was going to mention my E39 540i, but there were so many issues, not just one.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
2/22/20 9:54 a.m.

I owned an Oldsmobile Intrigue with the "Shortstar" DOHC V6 in high school. The 4-speed transaxle made sure I had no fun except when throwing the rear out on school sports fields. No car drifts like a crappy 90s GM! And the all-cloth interior was actually real comfy and easily cleaned, great when my AC gave out and my 4 windows had to pick up the slack.

And then the engine did what all Northstar Derivatives do and ate itself.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
2/22/20 10:10 a.m.

2005 Scion tC.

I really loved the interior, I thought it looked decent enough, absolutely fell in love with the huge sunroof, Toyota Camry reliability.

The throttle lag with the drive by wire drove me up a wall (after a half second hesitation). I thought I could get used to it. I thought I'd figure it out. I thought I could work around it. It ended up leading to me trading it.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
2/22/20 10:42 a.m.

1969 Datsun Roadster with the 2-liter and sidedrafts. When I see one, instead of remembering how much fun it was to *drive*, it's how much of a PITA it was to work on. The worst was the starter; get it part way out and it hit hit the header. Unbolt the header and it hit the starter. Try to move it sideways and it hit the frame. It was the first time I threw parts across the yard, a frequent sight because the header heat regularly fried the starter.

Fun times, not.

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
2/22/20 6:12 p.m.
TheRX7Project said:

2005 Scion tC.

I really loved the interior, I thought it looked decent enough, absolutely fell in love with the huge sunroof, Toyota Camry reliability.

The throttle lag with the drive by wire drove me up a wall (after a half second hesitation). I thought I could get used to it. I thought I'd figure it out. I thought I could work around it. It ended up leading to me trading it.

My 01 Audi A6 had this issue. It was incredibly annoying.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UvGgigq7j6ilavWG9LblDA0joZAwlJ0SN5WGwTEk1c4PHkDFM1kWEWdHhTYlgHJa