1 2 3 4
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/27/19 11:00 p.m.

Today I took a Field Trip to the Portland International Auto Show and saw a McLaren 600LT, Rolls Royce Cullinen, Ferrari 612 Superfast, and a 911 Turbo S Cabrio and spent the whole show geeking out about a Mazda.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/28/19 10:44 a.m.

Today on Miniatures Monday we finish up the 1/43rd sale AMC AMX model car build.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/28/19 11:51 a.m.

Let us know when / if your youtube channel becomes a profit center.  someone told me the other day that i should start putting stuff on YT, but i ain't doing E36 M3 unless i'm getting paid.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/28/19 12:24 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Let us know when / if your youtube channel becomes a profit center.  someone told me the other day that i should start putting stuff on YT, but i ain't doing E36 M3 unless i'm getting paid.

Lol! Not even remotely close yet. You need 100 subscribers to even get a named extension and average like 1000 minutes of view time per day to start getting ads. I've been grinding on this for 2.5 months and haven't made a penny yet. From what I've researched and other YouTubers I've talked to, all of the income comes from affiliate deals. I'm not big enough to attract any kind of outside sponsorship yet.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
1/28/19 11:16 p.m.

Subscriber #98

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/29/19 1:13 p.m.
Greg Smith said:

Subscriber #98

Thank you!

There's a new Tech Tip Tuesday up.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/29/19 11:07 p.m.

100 subscribers!!!

Thank you everyone so much for your support!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/29/19 11:14 p.m.

I now have my own custom URL!

youtube.com/c/PlaysWithCars

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/1/19 12:11 a.m.

Thank you all again so much for making this possible! Tonight is a Channel Update celebrating the milestone and giving a progress report on all of the project cars AND introducing a brand new series!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/2/19 11:36 a.m.

I started a new series, Garage Rehab, where I turn my rental garage into a functional one instead of a sty.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/4/19 1:41 a.m.

I spent the morning in the garage, so I did a timelapse of it per a viewer suggestion in episode 1.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/4/19 9:40 a.m.

Today's Miniatures Monday marks 10 weeks my channel has been going, so I did a special on displaying die-casts using my own SCCA Trans Am collection and my LeMans racers. You'll want to check this one out!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/6/19 7:22 p.m.

It's time for another update on Project Porsche, we are finally fixing those headlights.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/7/19 4:31 p.m.

I just wanted to say I thaught I was subscribed but for some reason I was not but now I am. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/8/19 7:33 p.m.

I'm preparing the garage for SNOWMAGEDDON!!!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/8/19 8:16 p.m.
dean1484 said:

I just wanted to say I thaught I was subscribed but for some reason I was not but now I am. 

Thank you. I appreciate every single person that wants to see my car lunacy.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/8/19 9:36 p.m.

No, really, it is SNOWMAGEDDON...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/11/19 12:21 a.m.

It's time for a Project Porsche update. Snowmageddon threw a wrench into the plans causing the planned annual tech this weekend to get postponed so all of our plans have been altered.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/11/19 8:53 a.m.

It's Monday, so it's time for Miniatures! This week we got our mitts on the new Hot Wheels Car Culture Gulf Racing series!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/13/19 4:30 p.m.

Time for another Garage Rehab update.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/15/19 9:02 p.m.

Project Cobra is back! The sale fell through, so it was high time for an update. It's going to be my track car, so expect at least 1 TNiA and a couple of trips to the drag strip, because there's only so many times you can fart around cones in a parking lot before the serious need for speed starts kicking in...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/17/19 12:47 a.m.

I did a field trip to a model car show!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/18/19 4:52 p.m.

Just in case the model car show didn't give you enough miniatures, it's Monday, so here's a video of the new M2 Transport with Skyline GT-R set.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/20/19 8:56 p.m.

It's a doozy today! I have a big multi-part Mazda 5 update. I'm having camber arm issues and had to do the 110K mile maintenance.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/23/19 9:01 p.m.

We finally made the pilgrimage to Annual Tech in the Porsche Project!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gP7T9G9ocaiw4r0N9rsbdaEdX7tM8sfsvnMrgdi4gNSulUXEUFSfPgX7KVJzmmxs