1 2
bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
9/27/12 1:08 p.m.

Looks a lot like the FF 818 to me.

Edit - A cross between an S2000 and the FF 818.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/27/12 1:11 p.m.

Meh.

WhiteLX
WhiteLX Reader
9/27/12 1:12 p.m.

I need one to go with my parents' Jags

dean1484
dean1484 UltraDork
9/27/12 1:20 p.m.

Does this mean that after 4 hours of staring at those photos I should call a doctor . .

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/27/12 1:23 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote:
pres589 wrote: Sad to see no manual trans available. A blower V6 with a nice exhaust could sound quite nice, now let me shift it myself! SN95/302, you have had a stay of execution, for now...
Manual transmission is only going to be available on the coupe. Jag has been pretty clear that they want to keep a manual option in the car on the bigger motors and with the higher spec packages.

The normal car-news outlets are reporting the opposite. The V8 SC F-Type is too heavy to be a sports car and will likely stay flappy-paddles. The V6 SC (Hi-Po) is the "hot one" and is supposed to have the stick coming first, including in the US and in the 'Vert.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/27/12 1:25 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Does this mean that after 4 hours of staring at those photos I should call a doctor . .

No, you should keep staring!

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
9/27/12 1:34 p.m.

Not bad, but it looks like a 350z, s2000, FR-S, and probably several other cars combined, not anything amazing and original, and certainly not anything to make it obviously a jaguar.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
9/27/12 2:25 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Not bad, but it looks like a 350z, s2000, FR-S, and probably several other cars combined, not anything amazing and original, and certainly not anything to make it obviously a jaguar.

theres plenty of jag lines in there......I think the issue is, more manufacturors have pics of the previous model year jags hanging in their design studios....

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/27/12 2:30 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Not bad, but it looks like a 350z, s2000, FR-S, and probably several other cars combined, not anything amazing and original, and certainly not anything to make it obviously a jaguar.

All sports cars look like that now.........well most anyway.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/27/12 2:32 p.m.
trucke wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:
That's easy! Jag is on the bottom! It's not moving!

Zing! That's a good one!!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/27/12 2:47 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: If you can wait 5 years, they will be on the used car market for $7,000.

Ain't that the truth!

I was at the bone yard a few months ago and in between the ratty high mileage Honda and bombed out Daewoo was a 12 cylinder Jag XJ-S convertible. Those Euro/Luxo car values sink like rocks.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
9/27/12 6:00 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Meh.

Couldn't have been more succinct myself.

The rear/side is good, the front ruins it for me.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/27/12 6:29 p.m.

Just so I can be the first to say it....

"A used (C6, Mustang, Camaro, 370z or whatever) will be much cheaper and faster than this piece of crap."

There, got that our of your systems!

Me, I like it a lot, but know I would have 100 times more fun in a Miata; I just can't picture myself flogging this thing as if I stole it from my ex-mother in law.

And besides, I HEARD ON THE INTERNET that it was supposed to be sold for $25,000 dollars, so whats up with that?

Mike
Mike Reader
9/27/12 8:16 p.m.

It's like a Z8 with more presence.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
9/27/12 9:49 p.m.

Double Meh.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
9/27/12 10:44 p.m.

I'll be in my bunk.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/28/12 8:35 a.m.

Ugh. DO. NOT. WANT.

jde
jde Reader
9/28/12 8:39 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: And besides, I HEARD ON THE INTERNET that it was supposed to be sold for $25,000 dollars, so whats up with that?

I heard it was going to be a diesel wagon with a manual costing $25K, so they are expecting to sell 2 million per year.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WcVXVlf25QSQYHtEkTYtOfObxBHaSp0DUyhbg1KagDDElEymryrGC9DkXu5xuHbO