Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/30/22 10:52 p.m.

30 years old. 238,000 miles. Still runs great. Nothing else like it with the top down. I will never sell this car.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
10/31/22 6:31 a.m.

I also have one and I feel the same way. Mazda knocked it out of the park. I live in Michigan and it goes into storage today for the winter. I will miss it.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
10/31/22 7:42 a.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

This is the happiest post I can recall you making in a long time. Glad you had a good day and had some top down therapy! 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/31/22 9:12 a.m.

Yay.

10/31/22 12:17 p.m.
NY Nick said:

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

This is the happiest post I can recall you making in a long time. Glad you had a good day and had some top down therapy! 

I also have two new dogs that are making me happy. One of them is a six month old puppy.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/31/22 1:50 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

30 years old. 238,000 miles. Still runs great. Nothing else like it with the top down. I will never sell this car.

That's kind of why I'm thinking of getting another one.  I care less about speed and more about enjoying the driving as I get older.  Also anything fast and convertible / Targa would cost me way more. I like having cars that are paid off.

1/22/23 3:02 p.m.

And today I got the 914 out and drove it. It's hard to believe this car is 47 years old and I have owned the car for almost 30 years. I am the third owner of the car and it was sold new by Forest Lane Porsche Audi in 1975. We have done many autocrosses and drivers schools together. I can also haul two Siberian Huskies in this car. One sits on the floor and one on the seat. 

I replaced this rubber gadget yesterday, because 47 year old rubber wears out. It goes into the air intake. Now it runs better than ever.

....and yes, this is the same car wash where I washed the Miata.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
1/22/23 3:07 p.m.

That 914 looks great! You ever rarely see 914s anymore. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/22/23 3:26 p.m.

Looks great! I am still not at a "wont ever sell" with any car but my Evo and Elise are close 

1/22/23 3:51 p.m.

This one I will never sell.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
827eCbPb06qkH2l9JeZA3bY52bvduP0ccJE6v1Z1R5zhVZ2ehVY0h8sjLIrHAicV