2 3 4
TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
6/16/14 12:53 p.m.

"what are my options?"

Join the rest of the United States. Complain or comply, then complain some more. No options, take it up to code or take it off the road. Surprising that the inspection station didn't access the cpu and flag you for no engine light, ABS disconnect, false odometer reading, and everything else.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/16/14 1:21 p.m.

it's OBD0 or OBD1 … not a plug and play like OBD2 .. no were nearly as much can be learned from them as opposed to the 97 and newer

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/16/14 1:43 p.m.

When I put the MOMO wheel on the Manic Miata, I got a $3 batch of resistors from E36 M3 Shack that, wired up in parallel, added up to the same resistance as the airbag used to.

As far as the car is concerned, the airbag is still there and functioning. As far as the inspection tech is concerned, the airbag light comes on and goes off again when it is supposed to.

The fact that there is no physically possible way for an airbag to fit inside the MOMO hub doesn't even enter the discussion.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/16/14 2:31 p.m.
gofastbobby wrote: Thank you for the heads up. I will add Virginia to my list of states to never live in.

Really? So you're telling me Virginia wasn't always on that list?!?!? I'm really kinda flabbergasted

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IxAkCVA7wQRYpRcfmzCCjVp0jtuTfxeiXArZlxkePQ3Zs8uUsD6ZYiFHlrw09Kvx