Get the Sawzall and get to work.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
8/8/16 5:16 p.m.

1) File a claim

2) fight em a bit and keep it for almost free

3) exocet madness

4) use the reat of the money to buy your v2

I see an opportunity for a solution in problems like this.

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
8/8/16 5:37 p.m.
slefain wrote: Get the Sawzall and get to work.

"Gut & cage" is not out of the question if I keep getting "I'll give you scrap value, harr harr harr" & the like.

eebasist
eebasist Reader
8/8/16 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Smarta$$ McPoopyPants:

So how long ago is a couple of months......as the insured you have a duty to inform in a reasonable amount of time? There is no good way to call them up a month, 2 or 3 later to file a claim. Expect to have to file a police report as a possibility since its someone else's property that you hit (sign)

I'd just eat it and see what a good frame shop can do after putting used parts on it. You will get raped on rates in the future of you file. The logical assumption this late in the game involves reckless driving or assumed DUI at the time of the incident both of wich will cost you.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/8/16 6:53 p.m.

My expert beer goggled view of the carnage to the V1 led to the following insightful conclusion.

"That'll buff out"

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
8/9/16 9:58 a.m.

In reply to eebasist:

Good point!

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
8/9/16 11:38 a.m.
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants wrote:
slefain wrote: Get the Sawzall and get to work.
"Gut & cage" is not out of the question if I keep getting "I'll give you scrap value, harr harr harr" & the like.

well im all for 'gut and cage' but ill do you one better then scrap value, i have a pretty cool Honda 3 wheeler to trade...

TGMF
TGMF Reader
8/9/16 12:52 p.m.

even if its frame is effed, and you cant have someone fix it, selling the engine and trans alone for a swap is worth a good 7k. Brakes are another 750 or so. Lots of money to be made just parting out. Probably wont be much loss at all. Or you could buy a RX8 or something and do the swap yourself.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
8/9/16 1:25 p.m.
etifosi wrote: *just learned you can put astrisk on each side of word or phrase to italicize* * and an astrisk then a space makes a "point". berkeley I'm smart when I'm this drunk.

It's Markdown

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown)

You can do all kinds of formatting in your text

• bulleted list
  • kinda handy

Not all of them work on GRM unfortunately :(

kb58
kb58 Dork
8/9/16 1:47 p.m.
eebasist wrote: In reply to Smarta$$ McPoopyPants: So how long ago is a couple of months......as the insured you have a duty to inform in a reasonable amount of time? There is no good way to call them up a month, 2 or 3 later to file a claim. Expect to have to file a police report as a possibility since its someone else's property that you hit (sign) I'd just eat it and see what a good frame shop can do after putting used parts on it. You will get raped on rates in the future of you file. The logical assumption this late in the game involves reckless driving or assumed DUI at the time of the incident both of wich will cost you.

Did the OP contact the property owner, because this could be labeled as hit-and-run if he didn't. I was on jury duty and this exact thing happened; sucked for the guy because an off-duty cop saw him run over a sign and leave. The more about this I know the less "harmless" it seems and potentially a lot more legally dangerous for the OP.

I tend to agree with the post above; the more time that elapses (elapsed) is going to make you look more and more guilty of hiding or covering up what happened. You may want to carefully ask around because this "could" end up very expensive for you. Depending on what you hear, parting it out may be the least expensive way out of this, and might even make you some money.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) MegaDork
8/9/16 2:13 p.m.

Well, his original user name isn't Poopshovel for nothing....

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/9/16 4:39 p.m.

So is the frame bent or did it gust knock the front end out of alignment. I just skimmed the thread again and I don't see that the OP answered that.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
8/9/16 5:25 p.m.

I can see it now.

"Hey Steve, hold my beer and watch this!"

"CRUNCH!!!"

Aussie, now double fisting. "That'll buff out"

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9v81OJ7HUTxpFOU5TPaoB2uNY45fQVYwD07KJVZoPHbMOFW3zvm35UoGzDNkRrey