Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/13/21 8:41 a.m.
feature_image

Sure, we now know what the NSX Type S looks like, but Acura also dropped the news that it has plans to revive the Integra label for 2022.

Yesterday, Acura unveiled the limited NSX Type S, rated for 600 horsepower and 492 lb.-ft. of torque–27 more horses and 16 more torques than the “no…

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/13/21 8:46 a.m.

And there's already some discussion about the new Integra over on the forum here.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/13/21 10:00 a.m.

There was an NSX at the cars & coffee display at the PVGP car show. I thought the car was a little bland in photos, but amongst McLaren's and Lambos, it held up pretty well in the flesh. I'm sure it has Honda's reliability and everyday driveability, the question to me is: is it a better option than a similarly priced Porsche 911? I hope to be in a financial position to have to deal with that question someday. 

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
8/14/21 12:52 a.m.

I saw these on Facebook.  Thought I'd share.

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
8/14/21 3:56 p.m.

am I the only one that things the nsx is just not appealing to look at?

LeftLaneLoser
LeftLaneLoser UltraDork
8/14/21 4:02 p.m.
Patientzero said:

Nice "Lamborghini"

JimS
JimS Reader
8/14/21 4:33 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

I agree. Same for McClarens, C8's, and others. There's a wow factor but no beauty. 

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
8/14/21 5:12 p.m.

I think it looks way better than the regular C8.  The widebody racecar is a different story.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/14/21 8:21 p.m.

In reply to JimS :

Computers rarely design curves. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/14/21 8:23 p.m.

It's a Lambo with an Acura badge.

GB
GB New Reader
8/15/21 7:26 a.m.
Patientzero said:

Thanks for sharing, 

Looks nice!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/15/21 8:27 a.m.

My prediction....the Integra will be over $40K and 3000 pounds.....right off my radar.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/15/21 8:57 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

My prediction....the Integra will be over $40K and 3000 pounds.....right off my radar.

My prediction: the Integra will be a crossover CUV.

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
8/15/21 7:47 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Isn't the current Civic at 3,000 pounds? The biggest mistake would be to make this Integra in both a 2 and 4 door model. It used to be that the Integra brought more to the table than a Civic. What more can that be over a Civic Si or Type R? 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/15/21 7:58 p.m.

I am hoping for a four door version of the new Integra, personally.

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
8/16/21 12:55 p.m.

New integra will be a rebodied Civic Type R....overstyled douchy wanna be racer.

Damn the new NSX is such a let down.

The OG NSX was clean, simple, tight lines, trim, and straight forward reliable.  

The new one is overstyled, overcomplicated (Hybrid, 4wd, nonsense), overly expensive and won't live up to the reliability legacy.

Remove the heavy hybrid drivetrain and AWD system, 400+ HP from a N/A motor (make it scream!), 7 speed manual or DCT, a lightweight study on everything, and focus on longevity and reliability......THAT is an NSX and a true competitor to the 911, anything Lotus makes, low level Lambos, and the C8.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
8/16/21 4:50 p.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

Remember when they sold 4-door Integras?  I always thought they were odd - sorta like a 2-door Camry was odd.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/16/21 6:51 p.m.
Junkers said:
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

Remember when they sold 4-door Integras?  I always thought they were odd - sorta like a 2-door Camry was odd.

I do, and am hoping for a good, cohesive design this time around.  That, and odd isn't always a bad thing, as long as it isn't bad at the same time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wLkRk92Ugzb3f35g2cJhZ9Y5kIb4w6fn0dDXLT5M4CBSbAt4zut7IGGHpLNnkjiE