1 2 3
noddaz
noddaz UberDork
8/19/21 11:25 a.m.

What is that big gap under the front grill?  Factory space for a FMIC?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/19/21 11:39 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Jay got one to review already?

https://fb.watch/7tdUmCW4jy/

He was given the car on June 12th. 

due to embargo couldnt release.

i love the blue/blue. Reminds me of the 04+ NSX where you could get yellow/yellow

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/19/21 12:22 p.m.
noddaz said:

What is that big gap under the front grill?  Factory space for a FMIC?

It's for the auto cruise, braking, etc.

The car should have water-to-air heat exchangers like the Infiniti.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
8/19/21 12:35 p.m.

The Z's styling is a mixed bag. 

Personally, I think the new Mustangs warrant a more a positive response to me, at least in styling. 

The Z's rear is cool. Clean. I like that it harkens back to previous models. 

The headlights and front facia are just "meh". 

I liked the more rounded, or recessed renders that others did:

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/19/21 2:12 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

i love the blue/blue. Reminds me of the 04+ NSX where you could get yellow/yellow

Reminds me of.....a 1970 240z.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/9/21 10:50 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Jay got one to review already?

https://fb.watch/7tdUmCW4jy/

He has a video on YouTube now as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhJa5eELmjg  No driving, but a good walk-around.  I think it's a really nice looking car, and it's refreshing to see an interior that's an actual color instead of black or mouse fur gray.  

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
9/10/21 10:35 a.m.

I am a huge fan of the back end and the overall shape...but the front gets a big old meh. I don't like the big blank spaces below the headlights, and the attempt and emulating round headlights with the DRLs ends up looking awkward. Getting rid of the DRLs/blacking them out internally would get rid of the attempted round look and looks way better to me.

I actually quite like the interior. They've actually tried to integrate the screens unobtrusively instead of a design that says "look at me there's a 12" TV sticking out of my dashboard!"

Overall...it's good enough that when they hit dealers I will have to take a look. Which is something I can't say I've done in a long time (last one was the BRZ).

DRLs off... better

No doubt there will be body kits that come along to restyle the front bumper, or maybe a front spoiler like this. Anything to break up that space a little, as long as they don't do silly LED strips like the 370Z/GTR have. The darker colors look better on the front, but man I really like that yellow green color.

Or a slant nose kit - I've always been a fan of lights below the waistline look, ever since I saw my first Porsche 944 Turbo, and a 928 at a car show that had the pop up main headlights deleted.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
9/10/21 11:13 a.m.

Sigh....

I loved the original 240Z, but Nissan has never managed to hit the same sort of styling peak since - the cars have always looked blocky and somehow lumpish to me.

This on is a step in the right direction, but they managed to incorporate another of my 'don't likes' - the black roof on an otherwise non-black car.  Hated that on the early NSX and welcomed Honda's move to an all one colour scheme for those cars. In fact I disliked it so much that I wouldn't have bought an NSX in anything but black until they became available all in the same colour.

The output, trans and everything else looks just fine, but I wouldn't be a potential customer with the current styling/colouring.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
9/10/21 11:24 a.m.

In reply to wspohn :

All due respect but come on, the thing holding you back is the black roof?  "Everything else looks just fine" like there's a whole lot of options in this area of the market?  I'm calling shenanigans.  

350z247
350z247 Reader
9/13/21 8:09 a.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Agreed, what a whiney and worthless complaint. It changes nothing and would be super easy to remedy with vinyl and even paint considering how small an area it is.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m12cEzuqvyJUrGnp0ThbH8uLedPBtgf6n4J1A1631wg8oXqO4Npw8RTCFZto9scE