Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/9/21 9:18 p.m.

This seems like it should be easy, but I'm not finding a match. The forward slope/curve at the bottom of the rear 1/4-window, and the 4 bumperettes are throwing me off. The pic is from IL but the date is unknown. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/9/21 9:20 p.m.

54 Plymouth

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/9/21 9:21 p.m.

2 minutes!  Nice!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/9/21 9:37 p.m.

That interurban car has an Illini Railroad Club drumhead on it. Must have been an excursion by them. They were notorious for starting price wars with other railroad clubs in the Chicago area in the '50s and '60s, to the detriment of operators and organizers. There were quite a few trips run at a loss, because a group would plan an excursion and then the Illini Railroad Club would plan a trip the same day for a lower cost and force the organizers of the first trip to have to drop their ticket prices or lose out on riders. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/9/21 9:58 p.m.

Thanks Stampie! Next time I'll just text you :-)

Nick, that's crazy! I'll ask the IT group about it. 

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
12/10/21 8:09 p.m.

I used to drive one (my 1st car, actually), and IMHO they are ugly as sin from the front and dishwater dull from the back...but so are most 54 model cars.  

BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
12/10/21 8:15 p.m.
Carsandbikes said:

I used to drive one (my 1st car, actually), and IMHO they are ugly as sin from the front and dishwater dull from the back...but so are most 54 model cars.  

Ugly in the front? Have you seen todays cars? :]

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4Ri0H75G8dBmqug6sdJHC27YsaLF4PZZhKGv9wdVfJUPmxFKvHZd7IN2Hn5HP6JL