1 2 3
yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/1/18 7:36 p.m.

Saw this beautiful G63 pull in at work today. Had like a matte-black with metallic flake paint. Black and red leather interior and some serious ass presence. 

I don't really think they're worth the $30k for an early 2000s G500 with 150k miles, but IDGAF at this point. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/1/18 8:19 p.m.

Let's go test drive some. yes

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
10/1/18 8:22 p.m.

Too bad those don't depreciate like the rest of the MB line or I'd have one. They are stupid expensive for what they are though.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
10/1/18 8:28 p.m.

You can probably import an older one now for not much money.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/1/18 8:37 p.m.

In reply to mrhappy :

And watch the rest of it rot away lol.  Also, they're expensive too.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/1/18 8:38 p.m.
Vigo said:

Let's go test drive some. yes

I'm so in! 

buzzboy
buzzboy Reader
10/1/18 8:40 p.m.

There's a lady at my winter job(Squaw Valley) who drives either a 325ix or a 280GE. It's so cool seeing somebody driving one in that environment, especially given all the bay area folks with much newer G55s and such.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/1/18 8:41 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

Too bad those don't depreciate like the rest of the MB line or I'd have one. They are stupid expensive for what they are though.

People like the OP are why they don’t. 

But it’s cool, you do you, man. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/1/18 8:48 p.m.

Yeah, people like me lol. 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
10/1/18 9:01 p.m.

I dig them - they are swanky in a cool oldschool jeep sort of way.  Are they buyable as something you import?  I haven't been able to deal with their cost/mileage ratio in the us...

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
10/1/18 9:02 p.m.
Duke said:
bmw88rider said:

People like the OP are why they don’t. 

But it’s cool, you do you, man. 

Confused ...

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
10/1/18 9:34 p.m.

It's the utilitarian of them. It's why Jeeps, Defenders and and the Gs hold their value so well.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/1/18 9:53 p.m.

We’re probably going to end up with a cpo g550,  so I’m with you.  

Wally
Wally MegaDork
10/1/18 9:53 p.m.

If I ever run into money the first thing I’m buying is a bright red G Wagen. Ok maybe the second thing I buy. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
10/2/18 5:32 a.m.

I’ve got friends with one, though I’ve not seen it up close. It was always comical when they’d drive it back home to our hometown of 1300 people - there wasn’t another G-wagon in the entire county, Let alone our podunk town. 

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
10/2/18 5:54 a.m.

LA soccer mom mobile!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
10/2/18 6:37 a.m.

If you own one, you should use it off road. I’ve seen dozens of them near me and not a single one had a spec of mud or a single scratch. To each his or her own but I personally don’t understand having a capable off road vehicle and never using it as such. Kinda like all the Rubicon Jeeps that don’t appear to ever have seen so much as a dirt road.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/2/18 6:41 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

If you own one, you should use it off road. I’ve seen dozens of them near me and not a single one had a spec of mud or a single scratch. To each his or her own but I personally don’t understand having a capable off road vehicle and never using it as such. Kinda like all the Rubicon Jeeps that don’t appear to ever have seen so much as a dirt road.

Buy me one and I'll off road it. But I'm def not going to off road one I'm paying for. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/2/18 6:41 a.m.
Cotton said:

We’re probably going to end up with a cpo g550,  so I’m with you.  

I am not surprised

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
10/2/18 6:49 a.m.
Wally said:

If I ever run into money the first thing I’m buying is a bright red G Wagen. Ok maybe the second thing I buy. 

Red 89 G Wagon in philly $15k

grover
grover HalfDork
10/2/18 6:52 a.m.

People get all weird about these and yet how many $80k trucks never tow or haul anything more than some landscape mulch? It’s your car, do what you will. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
10/2/18 8:42 a.m.

I've seen one here a few times that has an AMG badge on the back...I don't know what upgrades that indicates have been made to it, but I assume it's a pretty exclusive version.

Not crazy about that matte black paint, though.  It seems like it would be hard to care for as time went on (like, how do you wax the thing.)

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
10/2/18 9:16 a.m.

I did bodywork and full paint on this one for someone a couple years ago. Lipstick on a pig,  and I felt bad when it was finished knowing my customer was probably going to flip it to someone who would later find out it was a rotted out piece of junk. Refused further work from my client. If you get an older one do a very thorough inspection of floors,rear door hinge areas, rockers etc.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/customer%20cars/004_zps4630845c.jpg.html][/URL]

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/2/18 9:20 a.m.

Defenders and and the Gs hold their value so well.

Funny you should mention that, because one way to wrap your head around Gwagen values is to look at it as "Hey, it's a Defender that's more reliable, more powerful, and has a better interior!" At least in the case of the G500. 

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/2/18 9:23 a.m.
Wally said:

Dare I ask what the first thing is?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OHgQ0KmNAwhFMBQ3GfuZYYpS1wVNPW88c5pwrJ0b4MiXPIAshdvBpQMgYvbr4Cug