2 3 4
SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC New Reader
1/22/13 6:22 a.m.
AverageH wrote: Yup! Huge complaint of mine. There are very few regulations for bumpers and bumper heights for SUV's and trucks. Safety for others doesn't matter. -Hamid

perhaps in your area, but around here they are strict on height rules. cops will pull you over if your bumper is too high. and there is no way to pass inspection on a set of 44's (for instance).

there are ways around it: I have seen more than a few with extra bumpers (I fear how strong the extra bumpers are....being below the frame.)

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/22/13 7:51 a.m.

Honestly I think that some of the Hellaflush cars look pretty good when it isn't over done. When it is running 18 million degrees of camber it just looks stupid.

This looks stupid.

This looks pretty cool. Just my opinion.

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
1/22/13 4:52 p.m.
SCARRMRCC wrote:
AverageH wrote: Yup! Huge complaint of mine. There are very few regulations for bumpers and bumper heights for SUV's and trucks. Safety for others doesn't matter. -Hamid
perhaps in your area, but around here they are strict on height rules. cops will pull you over if your bumper is too high. and there is no way to pass inspection on a set of 44's (for instance). there are ways around it: I have seen more than a few with extra bumpers (I fear how strong the extra bumpers are....being below the frame.)

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/problems/studies/bumper/index.html

We still have strict height rules in our State: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=204-10-022

Unfortunately it is never enforced, and I have lived all over in Washington state too. I'm glad that they are more strict where you live, and I wish I could say the same! Some of the pickup trucks locally are VERY jacked up, to the point of necessitating a ladder to get in. These things are on the road daily. Whether or not it is enforced, it is still an issue. Sorry for the thread drift....

-Hamid

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
1/22/13 5:28 p.m.
kanaric wrote: . Live in Vegas
kanaric wrote: Seems whenever I see modded imports or cars of this type everything is ridiculous over the top cartoony.

isn't everything in Vegas over the top cartoony?

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
1/22/13 5:36 p.m.

I think the hellaflush/stance scene is pretty lame, but I don't necessarily hate it. Local guys I know with stanced e30s and 240sx's do go and participate in drift events at the track. Drift isn't my thing, but I can respect that at least it's a motorsport.

What I really hate are the guys in jacked-up F250s and Jeeps who have never been anywhere near off-road. Those are way more "rice" in my book than some slammed civic. Plus they always drive like douches who own the road. The hella-slammed guys are always driving slow in the right lane, trying not to hit a pothole :)

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
1/22/13 5:47 p.m.

Might be the partial fault of the ass shows on cable TV; those two shops that seem to ruin a lot of cars for which ever rapper or football player current in favor.

Young folks tend to emulate people who are popular, just the nature of things.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
1/22/13 6:56 p.m.
irish44j wrote: What I really hate are the guys in jacked-up F250s and Jeeps who have never been anywhere near off-road. Those are way more "rice" in my book than some slammed civic. Plus they always drive like douches who own the road.

They park like berkeley, too.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ck2ASRak7de9wLreQ5fkMQzTaTHBELM8iILyRmUGdonzciq3ySLpGSqV52cxvyge