Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/13/21 9:14 a.m.

Anyone going to the IMSA race at Mid Ohio this weekend?  Myself, my 13 year old and a couple of his friends will be there Saturday and Sunday.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
5/13/21 9:18 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

My sons and I will be going Sunday I think.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/13/21 10:16 a.m.

No but I'm hitting up SVRA at Rosd America on Friday.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/13/21 1:12 p.m.

I have been to that event, and it was good fun. Looking forward to my next trip to Mid-Ohio. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/14/21 10:33 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

If you end up going let me know.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/14/21 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

That is one track I have not been to yet that is high on my list.  Any idea if the paddoc will be open, wandering the paddoc is one of my favorite things to do at the track and unfortunately it will be closed at Mid Ohio this weekend.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/14/21 10:39 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Do you guys have any plans to go back to the Put-in-Bay Road Race?  I was up there for it in 2018 but missed seeing you.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
5/14/21 10:33 p.m.

We were there today on the outside of thunder Valley.  Beautiful day as (almost) always.  Only the main gate is open, the paddock and pits are closed to the public, and the foot bridge at thunder valley is closed.  The foot bridge at the esses is open.  

Drove the boring car today, it was nice to avoid the attention... until this mini parked next to us.

This truck is pristine despite the ohio plates.  Swmbo didn't understand my boner.

Just as the blood was returning to my the rest of my body, lifted AWD astro on all terrains! 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
5/14/21 11:06 p.m.

There were alot of nice, new, expensive cars there too,  but those are boring.   I only took pics of a few.

I mentioned to swmbo atleast 5 times that this was an electric Porsche before she saw the "electric" on the fender, at which point she informed me it was an electric Porsche frown.  "Sometimes I don't actually listen to what you're saying"

Dat color.

After seeing 2 C8s that swmbo thought looked like a Ferrari, she saw a third C8.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
5/14/21 11:12 p.m.

Parting shots for the day, its hard to see but there's a tractor plowing a field by the barn on the left as the pilot challenge GS cars were qualifying.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
5/15/21 8:37 a.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Any idea why they have the Thunder Valley bridge closed? Just curious, I rarely use it.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
5/15/21 8:40 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

If you end up going let me know.

We'll be there. Look for a white GMC Canyon crew cab on Michigan plates, infield area , an old guy and two 30-somethings with shaved heads, and likely all masked. :)

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
5/15/21 10:01 a.m.

I'll be there in the Cayman on Sunday!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
5/15/21 11:24 p.m.

Not sure, they put a sheet of plywood up on both sides.  We thought it was covid protocol until we saw the bridge at the esses was open.

Went looking for you today but didn't find you guys.  We will likely be there for atleast part of tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for your truck.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
5/15/21 11:53 p.m.

Since everyone loves pics

It's always a mustang...

Tow setup worked great, even with a destroyed knuckle.  He took out the rear bumper of an AMG GT who made it to the pits.

This civic broke half the splitter loose, it sounded like rod/suspension knock as she passed.  She told them "berk it" and kept running it.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/16/21 1:10 p.m.

We are in the infield, close to the restrooms in the shade, white SAAB 9-5.

That Michelin Pilot race was fun to watch. My son and I both felt bad for that mustang, that thing sounded knarly. 

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
5/16/21 1:30 p.m.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
5/16/21 8:46 p.m.

In reply to red_stapler :

We were standing very nearby if this was taken during the Sunday race. I commented to my sons on the four wide view as they crested the hill at Madness.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
izGqGBiEMn7OCaOugln97MocVlRXeblcxpntxqiiqyxLsnF4RNFQA1VizRWuszZ3