1 2 3
03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/8/21 10:13 p.m.

I think I remember seeing  a thread about this, but could not find it tonight.

When I first joined the forum about a year and a half ago, I made a deal with Johninkanasas. Went smooth as glass. Met him and his wife when we drove out there to get the truck. Top notch folks.

Have talked with with Pete Gosset, and Sverex on the phone about a pending deal, and both are great people

Made a deal with Gumby, and it could not have gone any better. Didn't get to meet him, but his friend and building partner that delivered the parts is a good guy to know.

Thought of this tonight, 'cause I met Cotton today, and he is another SUPER great guy!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/8/21 10:33 p.m.

I think Wally is the president of this little club.   Or did I mean Woody?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
4/8/21 10:46 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Both

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/8/21 11:04 p.m.

Not me. FBC bought a car from me, and it left him stranded halfway through a 450 mile trip. So don't buy a car from me.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/8/21 11:16 p.m.

We're all weird in our own way.. but I haven't met a forum member yet who I thought wouldn't hesitate to give me the shirt off their back to help me if given the chance..

I came to the forum because I bought a car from Mazdeuce 5 years ago.... I got active on the forum a little over 3 years ago, and it's been one of the best decisions I ever made. I've made a lot of great friendships through this forum, Sleepyhead, Bobzilla, Daylan, Mazdaface, Clutchsmoke, Pete Gossett... the list goes on.. but those are just some of the folks I've gotten to meet in person. I've enjoyed the hell out of listening to Dean ramble on the discord server and the zoom chats.

You guys are my people, and I am thankful everyday this place exists..

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
4/8/21 11:24 p.m.

I only really know VolvoClearingHouse in real life. While pulling a volvo 122 transmission in freezing weather in his yard he offered me a 100w bulb to keep my hands warm. Stand up guy, that! I've also met Tuna55 briefly in the fall of 2012 though moonshine clouds that memory. Dusterbd swung by my old graj to pick up some miata parts. I hope they made it onto his car, or were useful, or something.

Thank's for being compatible with my idiocy one and all.

tb
tb Dork
4/8/21 11:29 p.m.

I am only an "ok guy" on my best days. I try, just not very hard...

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 12:32 a.m.
Mazdax605 said:
Datsun310Guy said:

Both

I assume the two of you know what yall are saying, and prolly a lot of others on here. But for those of us that are lost...

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
4/9/21 3:55 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Wally and Woody are both really great guys, who have helped out a lot of us in one way or another through the years.

I would nominate Hungary Bill and Patrick to the list too. And mndsm, and appleseed, and mtn, kazoospec, fasted58, and the list goes on.

Honestly even the people I don't always see eye to eye with have pulled through to help out in a jam, whether it was for me or someone else. I'm not naming names on that list though. 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/9/21 6:57 a.m.

I've only met one member of this forum(Curtis73), but if my email went off and a member reached out to me with an issue in my area, Northeast PA, I wouldn't hesitate dropping what I was doing to help out.

I know that I'm not alone in this thinking, that's why there's a thread with members locations.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/grm-on-the-road-assist-list/90668/page1/

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/9/21 7:08 a.m.

Ashykyun (Bob) is one of the most stand up dudes ever.   A couple of years ago I had a flat and the mechanism under my suburban was corroded and just would not come loose.   I called him and he ran right over to help.....at night.....in an ice storm.  We got the spare off and changed in a Herculean effort.   Not many would come through like that is such unpleasant conditions.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/9/21 7:18 a.m.

My only warning about hanging out with Wally is that your chest and stomach will hurt from laughing so damn much

Ive met a lot of you in person. 

Ive NEVER been steered wrong by this group. Ive been genuinely pleased to meet and make friends with many. 

Im probably the least "good guy" here! laugh

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/9/21 7:36 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

^Wally. 

SanchinMiata
SanchinMiata Reader
4/9/21 7:49 a.m.

Apart from my occasional curmudgeonly moments, I'm a thoroughly OK guy. Once in a while I'm better than that..

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
4/9/21 7:51 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I met Cotton too. Awesome dude

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/9/21 7:59 a.m.

Honestly, anyone who sticks around long enough to become a "reader" is usually on the level. This forum's B.S. detector is incredible. There isn't anyone that I cant think of that I wouldn't trust.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltimaDork
4/9/21 8:05 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Honestly, anyone who sticks around long enough to become a "reader" is usually on the level. This forum's B.S. detector is incredible. There isn't anyone that I cant think of that I wouldn't trust.

I was going to say something similar about already having the list - it says Dork next their screen name, LOL.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
4/9/21 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That's true. I've never been to a internet place with such little tolerance for shiny happy people.

It's a nice place with nice people!

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/9/21 9:09 a.m.

I think everyone here is awesome. Never met a bad person I wouldn't trust with my life here. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/9/21 9:19 a.m.

I'd say it like the classic ebay review "If we were in prison, I'd protect you guys in the shower." 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/9/21 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Your on my great guy list! 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/9/21 9:37 a.m.

I think most people on here are good guys and ladies.  Having been around the various iterations of this forum since the late 90's when it first started, I don't recall any threads along the lines of "Beware of<insert screen name> They ripped me off / misrepresented on this deal"  Which is something that's pretty much universal on most other car forums.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/9/21 10:16 a.m.

I bought a Rampage from Ashyukun and flew to get it. Everything went smoothly and I could be happier with the car or the transaction.

As I Rampaged across America and broke down Indy-Guy( whom I still owe a beer or nice scotch) offered to drop everything and drive 3 hours to help. Johninkansas and Minivan_racer did the same.

Great guys all

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/9/21 10:17 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

I think most people on here are good guys and ladies.  Having been around the various iterations of this forum since the late 90's when it first started, I don't recall any threads along the lines of "Beware of<insert screen name> They ripped me off / misrepresented on this deal"  Which is something that's pretty much universal on most other car forums.

Or musical forums too.

The lack of that is one huge reason I love it here

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CbdYJUW7sbZVncHoLpBhgpXk2smFN1OBz7TD0JqiWloT7N3NmJS4wjBdojGUZGz1