1 2 3
P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
4/9/21 7:11 p.m.

I gotta wonder if having an annual forum member gathering helps with this. Having had to abort my shot at the '07 last minute I don't count much, but I can vouch for all the dudes who sent me gratis toy cars for my nephew- Javelin, slowbird, Indy "Nub" Guy (even though I didn't buy his wagon), not to mention JShaawbaru who gave me a real live car for free that for serious helped me with my winter depression bent. 
then there are all the guys who have given me honest reviews of their cars for sale that aren't right for what I'm trying to accomplish. 
I'm proud of this group, and in the difficulty of this past 12 months it's been good to be reminded that different people are still good people 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/9/21 7:13 p.m.

This is unique and special collection of people. I really got pulled in, enough to completely change hobbies from fishing, building custom rods and hot rodding fishing reels, to autocrossing and buying miatas (and a V8 Morris Minor) instead of boats.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/9/21 7:41 p.m.
Olemiss540 said:
mtn said:

Not me. FBC bought a car from me, and it left him stranded halfway through a 450 mile trip. So don't buy a car from me.

At the very minimum do not buy a car from mtm if you live further than 249 miles away.

And maybe don't buy that car from FBC. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/21 7:45 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Ive met a lot of you in person. 

Ive NEVER been steered wrong by this group. Ive been genuinely pleased to meet and make friends with many. 

Im probably the least "good guy" here! laugh

Challenge accepted. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/9/21 8:02 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Ive NEVER been steered wrong by this group. Ive been genuinely pleased to meet and make friends with many. 

Challenge accepted. 

Every year coinciding with the RXNC, generally.

80sFast
80sFast Reader
4/9/21 8:10 p.m.

I trust none of you.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/9/21 8:14 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Duke said:

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

"...some of the Suddards" laugh

I'm sure I'm reading that in a different way than you intend (or maybe not), but it struck me funny.

I cringed a little. But I know some of us (looks around but avoids the mirror) are an acquired taste.

Margie

In truth, I think I met whatever Suddards were at the Challenge, but not sure who was whom.  I can assume that you weren't one of the man-Suddards.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/9/21 9:35 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

My doctor has assured me I am not one of the male Suddards.

Actually, who am I kidding? She's only there for the copay.

Anyway, back on topic, good list going here. I have met more kind people here, and more who have been freely offering of their help, than anything I've seen from my FB "friends."

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
4/9/21 9:41 p.m.
tb said:

I am only an "ok guy" on my best days. I try, just not very hard...

couldn't have said it better. I would call very few people I've met through this forum friends. BUT I love everyone of you that I have met. laugh

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/10/21 9:53 a.m.

The last 13 plus months has given the world an idea of the level and type of isolation that I've grown accustomed to throughout various points in my life while undergoing treatment. When you're long haul inpatient (pre covid) in the first few weeks, everyone within 50 miles comes to visit, then within 2 months you may get 2-3 visitors a week that aren't family. You fade to the background, out of sight, out of mind. 

This place, you people, were always there and a sense of normalcy. You helped get me through things that I quite frankly shouldn't have. One of the reasons that when on the zooms that I get to the garage, even if I'm not working on anything, it's the ability to be back there and virtually shoot the E36M3 with friends hanging out in the garage as I'd you all lived down the street. 

This place is more than a community, it's a family. I don't know how that was cultivated, but somehow it happened. We share in the successes and tragedies with each other unlike any mere community I've ever known. We seek sage advice with regards to anything and everything from the hive, but let's be honest, it's more akin to a council. We learn from and with each other, we laugh together, we cry together and perhaps most importantly, we look out for one another. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/10/21 10:21 a.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

The last 13 plus months has given the world an idea of the level and type of isolation that I've grown accustomed to throughout various points in my life while undergoing treatment. When you're long haul inpatient (pre covid) in the first few weeks, everyone within 50 miles comes to visit, then within 2 months you may get 2-3 visitors a week that aren't family. You fade to the background, out of sight, out of mind. 

This place, you people, were always there and a sense of normalcy. You helped get me through things that I quite frankly shouldn't have. One of the reasons that when on the zooms that I get to the garage, even if I'm not working on anything, it's the ability to be back there and virtually shoot the E36M3 with friends hanging out in the garage as I'd you all lived down the street. 

This place is more than a community, it's a family. I don't know how that was cultivated, but somehow it happened. We share in the successes and tragedies with each other unlike any mere community I've ever known. We seek sage advice with regards to anything and everything from the hive, but let's be honest, it's more akin to a council. We learn from and with each other, we laugh together, we cry together and perhaps most importantly, we look out for one another. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/10/21 1:33 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Challenge accepted. 

I'll take that challenge. I guarantee I'm not on this magical good guy list

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/10/21 4:31 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

I don't think my post had anything to do with magic... I was just posting about folks I would trust on a "handshake" type deal. 

By the few people that have put themselves down, I'm not sure everyone understood.

You can be a bit of an azz on some of your posts (although I usually don't completely disagree with ya) but as blunt and direct as you are, I'd be willing to trust that your honest and your word is good!

Being a bit too harsh and blunt, when it really ain't necessary, don't exclude you from being a decent guy to deal with. I've been accused of that myself!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bzhjKFUUg3mnDzRIdrNyzgZZNAQTYm1xGPDRnJwI5poTj9MZrO7BVlCfAvDCatTp