1 2
oldtin
oldtin UberDork
11/1/14 9:37 a.m.

2 alfas for $3500 chicago the nice one doesn't have a title - the parts car does

plus parts car

Travis_K
Travis_K UberDork
11/1/14 10:33 a.m.

The only things I know of that are no longer made for V6 alfas are a few of the transaxle parts, clutch throwout bearings (at least last time I checked), and lifters. I can't think of anything else important that you can't get anymore. A 3.0 swap can be easy if you have the right parts, but if you don't then bolting the RWD flywheel to the crank can require being creative.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
11/1/14 10:34 a.m.

Thankfully I know better than to go anywhere near those local GTV6 cars. And I don't have a truck/trailer or a place to keep them. Whew!

kanaric
kanaric Dork
11/1/14 3:05 p.m.

I had one but was underwhelmed upon ownership. Felt like a worse handling worse transmission better sounding 240sx really.

If you can get one for cheap go for it, people are asking too much for good examples though to where they are off my list permanently unless it's a 3.0l swap.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UltraDork
11/3/14 9:02 a.m.

When I had mine I loved it and really want to get another one. Get it, and if nothing else you will have some good stories to tell.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
11/3/14 9:12 a.m.
kanaric wrote: I had one but was underwhelmed upon ownership. Felt like a worse handling worse transmission better sounding 240sx really. If you can get one for cheap go for it, people are asking too much for good examples though to where they are off my list permanently unless it's a 3.0l swap.

This is what I had suspected and thus kills my boner for the sexy Italian. I'll listen to the soundtrack of the engine on Forza 4 instead. And other video sources.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 New Reader
11/3/14 11:32 a.m.

I also saw this one when it was posted on FB... I tried to message the seller, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm only probably 2 hours away, so if I ever hear anything I might go up and see what it's like. Looks like someone made a huge mess of the wiring, though, and some of the pics made it look like the rear suspension wasn't really centered on the body.

My real question is would he want to trade it for my SVX?

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 New Reader
11/3/14 10:56 p.m.

Update: The guy who posted it to facebook wants to see it saved, but it is not his. His boss is the one trying to sell it apparently, and the asking price is $3k with a bit of wiggle room.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dl5PBKrUS0T0tsS4KgCNoHAaFhDvbp0782f1ocdwHTInlcw3VDYUcDdTTaFb67lG