1 2 3
Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
7/7/22 11:16 p.m.

So mine is cheap exhaust systems; they can take any engine configuration inline 4, straight 6 or V8 etc. and just make them sound awful. Regardless of layout they all of a horrendous drone.

superfund
superfund New Reader
7/7/22 11:23 p.m.

Bring back real underglow. This led stuff is lame. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/8/22 12:56 a.m.

Through hood exhaust stacks.  That just seems like giving up.

I managed to fit a full 3" exhaust system under an R53 with a complete WRX drivetrain in it, completely above floor level, someone should be able to fit pipes under a front drive car or a school bus.

Here's a dual exhaust in a BMW V8 powered R56 with a complete Subaru suspension setup, for a far better reference than any of my crappy pics.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/8/22 3:50 a.m.

End the"It ain't for sale. Ima fix it up one day" lies about a car sunk to the axles, rotting.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/8/22 5:20 a.m.

People's attitudes. I got out because it seemed like no matter where I was or what I was doing, everyone was a bunch of unappreciative jackasses that all they wanted to do was bitch that the thing was too inconvenient for them, and when you'd make the thing convenient, they still bitched. 

karussell
karussell New Reader
7/8/22 6:18 a.m.

Random Chinese/Japanese/Korean decals that do not make any sense at all to a native speaker/written in strange font.

Saw a nice i30 N on instagram and it had a big 현대 모터스포츠 decal on the windshield. Font? Default Microsoft Windows Korean font from the 90s...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/8/22 6:39 a.m.

Stupid loud exhaust. You know, the stuff that is somehow louder than open headers. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
7/8/22 6:54 a.m.

False/misleading advertisements. 

Your air filter unlocked 27% more power? Prove it. 

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
7/8/22 7:32 a.m.

Patina. Real or imagined. 

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
7/8/22 7:42 a.m.

The branding of the Mach-E.

Don't be mad; you knew I would say it.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
7/8/22 7:54 a.m.

The car group on car group hate.  We are all just boys playing with our toys, relax and let people do their thing if it makes them happy (and no one is getting hurt).  No damage is being done to you if someone else does it completely differently.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/8/22 7:58 a.m.

shiny happy person owners.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/8/22 7:59 a.m.

OE wheel/tire packages with max wheel diameter and no sidewall. My eye prefers some sidewall, 50 aspect ratio is about perfect.  Configurations with some sidewall are usually lighter, more comfortable on the road, and can usually be made to handle/corner just as well. 

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
7/8/22 8:10 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Stupid loud exhaust. You know, the stuff that is somehow louder than open headers.

This one. The squatters somehow drive GMT800s with rear exit exhaust that's louder than uncorked lake pipes. Love when they pass me out on my bicycle and goose it 'cause "hur dur it's a stupid bicycle."

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/8/22 8:11 a.m.

Coal rolling.  They've prodded the bear (EPA) hard enough that the previously purposefully blind eye the EPA have had to our hobby is starting to look in our direction.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/8/22 8:17 a.m.

I would delete all the sexists that assume because a woman is driving something cool that it must be her boyfriend/husband's car and then mansplains E36 M3 to her

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/8/22 8:47 a.m.

People doing stuff cause it will pass others off.

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
7/8/22 9:05 a.m.

I second the hood stacks and/or turbos out of the hood. 

Run a damn hood, the car looks incomplete and unfinished with no hood or no front end (ala no prep guys) 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UberDork
7/8/22 10:08 a.m.
Mndsm said:

People's attitudes. I got out because it seemed like no matter where I was or what I was doing, everyone was a bunch of unappreciative jackasses that all they wanted to do was bitch that the thing was too inconvenient for them, and when you'd make the thing convenient, they still bitched. 

I don't get this one. Every car show or event I go to, the people are pleasant and appreciative, and that's from a builder with very out-there creations that aren't for everyone.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/8/22 10:18 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

He might also be talking about the internet and possibly magazines. In which case hes right.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/8/22 10:22 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to maschinenbau :

He might also be taking about the internet and possibly magazines. In which case hes right.

That is true of every hobby imo. On the internet people are super bitchey but in person events are way better.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/8/22 10:28 a.m.
Mndsm said:

Part of the reason I burnt out of autocrossing. It really became just work and no fun. 

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
7/8/22 11:33 a.m.

Tucked wheels. 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
7/8/22 12:21 p.m.

Hostility towards the EPA and NHTSA.

If it wasn't for the rules, the automakers would backslide as far as they could as frequently as they could.  We would still be stuck with carburetors and points and lap belts. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
7/8/22 12:41 p.m.

That 'respect all builds' movement that happened.

It became a scapegoat excuse for people to half to quarter ass the execution of whatever they were building and ANY criticism (good or bad) was met with 'Respect all builds Bro!'.

It has it's place yes, if, for example, you just hate that someone is building something specific, just move on with your life and ignore it instead of berating the owner, but it turned into this gateway excuse to build E36 M3 cars and call everyone a 'hater'.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zr4OIw1JdZ9Ft1jlFbO2vXxUNe8YfcgkSWt2Ys0nvPn46NFtKkZjHqDTpZfzZYkW