MrSmokey
MrSmokey Reader
3/12/22 1:10 p.m.

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/oklahoma-city-honda-accord-door/7457211444.html

What do you guys think of this deal? I emailed this person and they sent this:

when I googled the email it comes up with inconsistencies that makes me wonder .... what can I do to check whether it's a scam or legit? Maybe just run? Am I screwed cause I emailed them?

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
3/12/22 1:18 p.m.

Hmm, that could be a $10k+ car these days.

Imma go with scam.

MrSmokey
MrSmokey Reader
3/12/22 1:50 p.m.

Ya I thought about that some more and everything there looks just a little sketchy so looks like the case is closed on that one indecision

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/12/22 1:51 p.m.

Total scam. That gmail addy comes up tied to other similar sales on craigslist in different areas. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
3/12/22 1:58 p.m.

As the saying goes, if you have to ask...

Slippery
Slippery UberDork
3/12/22 2:29 p.m.

Scam

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/12/22 3:46 p.m.

Have Emma call you to set up an appt to see it in person.  CL = deal in person or F off in my book.  I've sold a fair amount of parts on there lately.  I text back and forth set up an appt and meet in person.  Anything else is always a scammer.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
3/12/22 4:09 p.m.

Notice the "already moved". That's setting you up for why she can't meet. 100% scam

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/12/22 5:08 p.m.

The email thing is a scam.  I've had FB great looking deals tell me to email somebody else for details.

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/12/22 8:11 p.m.

Generic photos, no identifiable background or license plate, unbelievably low price, female name in gmail address, visible in ad (not hidden per standard CL practice).  All scam clues.  

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/12/22 9:11 p.m.

Any time they bring up a dead person in an ad it's usually a scam.

rande
rande New Reader
3/13/22 2:44 p.m.

Scam.  There isn't anywhere in OK that has that green of grass and leaves on those trees this time of year.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/13/22 3:39 p.m.

With ads like that (priced too low and e-mail address clearly listed in the text), I like to do a quick search of selected text. "2012 Honda Accord 4 door automatic 2.4 four-cylinder with original 66K miles"    Here's that same car, ready to sell in Iowa: https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/des-moines-honda-accord-door-automatic/7457642657.html

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4Yr4dxESZ4g0JrQS1wld9vGoKBmfGbPa7gUGrdqnqOE1qUJaMyPPsH2ArYyUF2sF