1 2 3
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
1/22/21 1:39 p.m.

The prices being quoted don't seem out of line to me. 

As others have noted, you can still pick up trashed cars on a budget, but any sort of well sorted and ready to drive OR operational stock car is going to be expensive.

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/22/21 5:09 p.m.

I've got a rust free '94R that I'll part with when you pry my cold dead hands from the steering wheel.  If I were looking now though, it would probably be for a nice NC.  They're better all-around street cars, faster, much newer, and IMHO a better value.  Most NA's are getting pretty long in the tooth and commanding top dollar when they're in decent shape.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/23/21 6:32 a.m.

Miata's seem to be super popular with the drifto and young ironic sports car buyer.  Anyways looking a little newer than the na or nb miata would be a good plan. 

flatlander937
flatlander937 HalfDork
1/23/21 7:43 a.m.

You missed me selling mine. 04 NB bone stock needed a top, wheel bearing, and radiator. Had a minor dent in left rear quarter, but absolutely zero rust underneath, garaged it's whole life with 220k.  I found a buyer for $2800 not including the new top I hadn't bothered installing yet.

I got it for $1400 + about $80 for the radiator and rear wheel bearing.

I still have the $655 black vinyl, glass defrost, OE style Robbins soft top WITH rain rail in an unopened box. If you need one it's for sale for $600.

​​​​​

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W2ieBIAJhYIzv9SRRLmkJF87PjwILvwoq7jr1SHyx2oJIstEmN2vaDY4GcOW3eDW