1 2
WillG80
WillG80 Reader
1/28/21 11:59 a.m.

For me it's giving the interior a good wipe down. Getting the POs dirt and grime off the steering wheel and buttons inside. Until then I feel like I'm driving somebody else's car. 

What's yours? Oil change? Burnout? 

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/28/21 12:00 p.m.

Until something breaks and I have to fix it.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/28/21 12:04 p.m.

Wash it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad

...I fart in the seat

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director

In reply to WillG80 :

New wheels. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/28/21 12:17 p.m.

fornicate in it, preferably after having cleaned and vacuumed the interior, bonus is finding an older provalatic in the glovebox to use. 

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/28/21 12:18 p.m.

Stereo & removing the ripped speakers. Not sure how people can drive a car with ripped speakers but every car we've bought in the last 10 years has had ripped stock speakers.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/28/21 12:22 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Alone or with someone?  I'm gonna guess alone.  devil

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/28/21 12:36 p.m.

...until it draws blood during a repair.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/28/21 12:45 p.m.

Do something stupid like accidentally drive over a parking block or hit a speed bump a little too quickly.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/28/21 12:55 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to WillG80 :

New wheels. 

Yup! Usually in conjunction with an altitude adjustment

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/28/21 12:58 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

fornicate in it, preferably after having cleaned and vacuumed the interior, bonus is finding an older provalatic in the glovebox to use. 

What's a provalatic?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/28/21 12:59 p.m.
02Pilot said:

...until it draws blood during a repair.

This, or its made an e-brake/power slide into the driveway

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/28/21 1:00 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) :

I think it's a kind of cheese they only use in St. Louis

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/28/21 1:04 p.m.

For mw, its window tint and fresh tires. I CANNOT buy a car with good tires. Probably because I'm cheap. 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/28/21 1:04 p.m.

I wrote this column on my blog when I bought my Mustang.

Jeff's Mustang

I think it's different when you buy an anonymous car from, say, a car lot vs from the PO.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/28/21 1:20 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

ummmmm, do you actually have to own the car too?

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/28/21 1:24 p.m.

Lower it and do something with th exhaust. By the time I get that stuff done it already has my choice of wheels because I won't usually lower a car on stock rims

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports HalfDork
1/28/21 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

It's just another word for Enterprise

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/28/21 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

No, a friend's mkii gli on jack stands in his garage once became mine when stopping by with a date to drop off a part for the 323 in this manner. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
1/28/21 1:39 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

For mw, its window tint and fresh tires. I CANNOT buy a car with good tires. Probably because I'm cheap. 

I'll agree on the tires.  I refuse to pay extra for fresh tires or brakes on a car unless the tires or pads happen to be something I'd want to put on there.  Brand new tires are hardly different than bald ones to me when buying.  All I care is that I can get the car home on them and then replace them with something I want. 

APEowner
APEowner Dork
1/28/21 1:51 p.m.

Drill a hole in it.  Not that I go around drilling random holes in my cars but I do add accessories that require holes to be drilled.  For example one of the first things I did with my new to me RAM was install a gooseneck hitch.  That required a bunch of holes.

hoots04
hoots04
1/28/21 1:58 p.m.

I don't feel like its my car until I realize I want a different car.  Then it really sinks in that I own my car.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
1/28/21 3:11 p.m.

...Until it is paid for. if I buy with cash, it's mine. If I take a load, it belongs to the credit union.

It is not just cars. Anytime I take a loan for something tangible, it doesn't really feel like mine until I pay for it.  I hated "Home Ownership" for that reason. I always felt like I was a care taker for the bank's house.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
1/28/21 3:28 p.m.

For me it's usually when I learn it's quirks (I buy cheap stuff) usually right after that I want too sell it. Like my f250, was a solid deal so I bought it. It's nothing I like in a truck other then body shape 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JigxSNO0YekLAPVqRPpDzxDRIEuQyJWcgwsbkIoxOZQz2jN8CCOmwMeywIuvMGSR