1 2 3
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/14/18 6:37 a.m.
PHAN said:

Acura MDX 04+ 
Pictured above is a facelifted 07+ model. 

Drives like a car.
Honda reliability.
Above average space.

Funny, the eldest had (an 03) one of those as her second car, her first was a three pedal E36 BTW.  It had had the trans replaced before she got it, but other thant consumables it was rock solid until she sold it at something like 160k miles.  Good suggestion, but I really feel I'm heading down the Escape Hybrid route.  

mfennell
mfennell Reader
9/14/18 8:15 a.m.

Please forgive the thread drift as this won't work for Adrian, but I think my daughter's first car is going to be a used EV when the time comes.  Cheap to run and reliable.

Currently age 9, she think's it's going to be her mom's E30, which would be 35+ years old by that time.  :)  

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/14/18 9:20 a.m.
mfennell said:

Please forgive the thread drift as this won't work for Adrian, but I think my daughter's first car is going to be a used EV when the time comes.  Cheap to run and reliable.

Currently age 9, she think's it's going to be her mom's E30, which would be 35+ years old by that time.  :)  

That crossed my mind when I heard how cheap people were buying out their Nissan Leaf's (Leaves?) but when I went looking for used ones for sale they suddenly didn't look so cheap.  I know that Eric (Bastomatic on GRM) bought his dirt cheap off lease.  Worth checking out.  Also look for the all electic Ford Focus.  Too understated.  I had a friend with one who had a Turdbota Pius owner yell at her for parking in an electric charge station until she pointed out he had a plug in hybrid and she was pure electric so needed it more than him!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/14/18 9:41 a.m.

I'm afraid I have a low opinion of the Escape due to my experience with a particularly miserable example I had as a loaner.

Loaner page 2

It had the most uncomfortable seats I'd ever sat on.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/14/18 9:51 a.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

Strange, not my experience from being in them at all.  Maybe you got that one as a loner as it was a lemon or something?.  Also please note I'm talking about the previous generation boxy Escape's and I've had two of them.  The first an 01 we bought and put 100K miles on in 3 years, then a 2010 Mariner that we put close to 20k miles on in 9 months.  Both were great cars.  Trust me, no car on earth can be as bad as our 04 Turdbota Highlander.  It was an unreliable, E36 M3tily built, boring ass miserable place to be that aged as well as fresh unpasteurized milk on a 99 degree day.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9W7pR2bT896plJGG5dqCDEWQFy9T6p3lc7xA9AzXlPxbtZz9TJzU5PQY6HOFUlXC