Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
11/12/18 1:54 p.m.
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/12/18 2:00 p.m.

That's really cool.  Funny how the article bemoans the use of the base 4 cyl engine in lieu of one of the more powerful engines, but my bet is this engine is the lightest.  Is it just me, or do the wheels looked smaller than stock?  Which makes me wonder if the brake changes mentioned were to go with smaller diameter rotors in order to fit the smaller wheels to they could fit proper rally tires. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/12/18 2:04 p.m.

The wheels do look smaller than stock...I bet they have a lot more droop travel than stock too!

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/12/18 7:22 p.m.

I can't think of anything possibly worse than rallying in an open-cabin car. (aside from pretty much no organizations allowing it). Our car ends up with mud inside it somehow, and it's a sedan with closed windows, lol. 

Looks to be more of a "rally tribute" car anyhow, for marketing purposes.

Now, build one of the coupes as an actual rally car, and I'll be interested as soon as i win the lottery.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/12/18 7:27 p.m.

Yum. 

I'd have to hear this to really judge, but I think it needs V8 noises because of course it does. Hard top it up so it can run under a sanctioning body, and you can have a leg, kidney, or if there's any good spots left on my liver. 

freetors
freetors Reader
11/12/18 7:34 p.m.

I like this! 

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose the convertible because there possibly isn't enough head room for a race seat and cage and helmet in the coupe?

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
11/13/18 8:37 a.m.

10/10 would daily.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Adf4iFKuge23lGOPhgujvOAxMUvaKEHBtVakCU3Q3sqf9fz8Vgdp2C51BjxfluKy