1 2 3
ArthurDent
ArthurDent Reader
3/28/11 4:52 p.m.

Very nice! Its like a blank canvas.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/28/11 7:32 p.m.

Man...now I know what i'm gonna do with my land in canada, put mailbox there, assum "residence" and buy me some JDM cars .

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
5/3/11 3:35 p.m.

It's on a boat.

O

M

G

!

ArthurDent
ArthurDent Reader
5/3/11 3:59 p.m.

How long a wait then?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
5/3/11 5:16 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: How long a wait then?

12 days shore to shore (including clearing customs I believe), once it starts moving. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get it no later than the 20th.

And for those paying attention, yes, that is a 2 month wait with having already given $5000 for the car plus another $800 when clearing customs. And then of course, traveling from Alberta to Vancouver, BC and driving the car back (I could get it shipped for ~ the same costs, but the drive is half the fun)! I'm not sure if I am irritated or not yet... basically, I bought the car right during the tsunami aftermath, and on top of that, all the boats left the day I bought my car (so 12 day plus return is 24 days, plus loading and unloading).

We'll see if it is worth it. There have not been ANY stock 1995 STi's since I bought mine on auction, only newer models with the not-so-nice ej20k series motor that likes to kersplode (and is OBD2).

pigeon
pigeon Dork
5/3/11 6:45 p.m.
njansenv
njansenv HalfDork
5/3/11 7:44 p.m.

I had an EJ20K sti swapped Impreza (base model '98). There is no WAY it only had 280hp. Unfortunately, it wasn't ideally suited to be "The Family Car". But it was a riot

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
5/3/11 7:48 p.m.
pigeon wrote: It's on a boat!

My facebook status at around noon:

Edit- And yes, my New Year's Eve costume consisted of being "Daft Drunk" with my buddy. Those are sleeman boxes on our head's 5 minutes to midnight

geomiata
geomiata Reader
5/3/11 11:11 p.m.

if you head through kelowna stop by and see my swift and check out the "jdyam" scene here.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
5/26/11 9:13 p.m.
geomiata wrote: if you head through kelowna stop by and see my swift and check out the "jdyam" scene here.

BTW, I pick up the car tomorrow morning. You around? If there are any GRM'ers on the west coast that I'll be passing heading back, let me know!

geomiata
geomiata Reader
5/26/11 9:31 p.m.

shoot ill be in picknpull till 11 and then working till 8, too bad man.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
5/26/11 9:33 p.m.

if your available before 11, or stopping through kelowna, you could stop by my work (dominos) and ill hook you up with a pizza?

lesabre400
lesabre400 New Reader
5/26/11 10:10 p.m.

Congrats on the Subie! Love that generation. Sorry you missed out on the RA but this one will still be a riot. I'm waiting for action pics...

And consider yourself lucky to be in Alberta. I'd been watching auction houses for a Legacy GT-B wagon or Skyrine R33 sedan for a daily driver when the insurance companies here in Ontario started getting skittish. People are finding small ins. companies who will cover them but the bigger names are starting to refuse full coverage.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
5/27/11 12:24 p.m.

Here I sit at the bottom of a pit... Ok, it's just at the bottom of a hole in a shell parking lot, but my push start was botched and snooty vancouverites are being snooty helping me jump start the car. Currently waiting for AMA, and still haven't had my damn waffles...

I forgot that to kick the voltage regulator on when a battery is completely dead requires you to rev the car a little bit, hence no charge :(

geomiata
geomiata Reader
5/27/11 12:29 p.m.

pm'd hitempguy

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
5/28/11 4:57 p.m.
geomiata wrote: pm'd hitempguy

Sorry about not replying dude, I didn't notice you replied to this thread and have no idea how to check PM's here!

Either way, I made it back after a 2 hour delay going into Merritt as they closed the highway down when a semi crashed, and then I went to Calgary instead of Jasper as I wasn't really paying attention until I noticed the signs saying "you are 100km's from revelstoke". L.O.L

Car runs great, is in need of basic maintenance and tires and that's it! Having a 12kg STi centre diff is the next best thing to having the STi 20kg which you have to install yourself, and it actually delivers power to both the front and rear unlike the 4kg WRX centre diff :D

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
6/6/11 2:09 p.m.

Already did a track day; rivets don't slow you down very well against rotors, and sun-cracked/dry-rotted tires don't turn very well. I still ran a 73.5 lap time (the record for any vehicle which includes a 500whp rx7 road racer) is somewhere around 63 seconds. I think I can get into the 60's just by having actual tires/brakes on the car. Then add some camber/alignment, another 60whp, and I'll try for 65's!

Oh, picatures you say?

Jay
Jay SuperDork
6/6/11 2:49 p.m.

Looks like a nice one! Well done!

What's the wagon in the back? 2.5RS?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
6/6/11 2:59 p.m.
Jay wrote: Looks like a nice one! Well done! What's the wagon in the back? 2.5RS?

Why thank you.

The wagon is a 94 WRX with a 2.5RS front end and rims. The hood is CF, not just painted black. Lowered on H&R's. Makes 300awhp!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wwA4DnfvZDQ9oQEdhrs5EL8tmqhKF648DTbhjRE4p6WzWEsSSzGqV605scdfZb1w