David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/27/20 6:34 a.m.

And you can bid on it. Seriously. It's a Tiga. Estimate is a market-fair $35k-$45k. 

Hall and Oates is about to tour. We saw John's solo project recently--totally chill and enjoyable. We got to hang before the show for a few, and he shared his next automotive project.

Here's something from his new album. 

Remember, bid and bid often. 

David S. Wallens
2/27/20 6:35 a.m.

John also helped us with a Sports 2000 feature that recently ran in Classic Motorsports. You can read it here

He also proves that brown can look oh so good on a Porsche 356.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
2/27/20 7:26 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

John also helped us with a Sports 2000 feature that recently ran in Classic Motorsports. You can read it here

He also proves that brown can look oh so good on a Porsche 356.

Yes, pls.

David S. Wallens
2/27/20 8:00 a.m.

In reply to nderwater :

And it looks even better in person. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/27/20 9:58 a.m.

Years ago I looked at buying a 2002 from his brother-in-law. The car was really more of a project than I could handle at the time(and I never actually validated the story about the connection - supposedly his wife & Oate's wife were sisters). But it was an odd encounter at a not even quite middle-class rural home just outside Champaign, IL. 

David S. Wallens
2/27/20 10:01 a.m.

I'd say that we need to get him to the $2000 Challenge, but the dude just sold out Madison Square Garden....

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/27/20 10:05 a.m.

I don't like his music.  but I like his cars.

David S. Wallens
2/27/20 10:28 a.m.

His new solo project sucked me in. I bought the tickets more as a thank-you. He's been helpful with some editorial projects, so I figured we'd go. The performance totally blew me away. In fact, I'm going to listen to "Arkansas" right now. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/27/20 10:35 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

If you could get John & Brian Johnson there at the same time that would be beyond epic. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
2/27/20 11:01 a.m.

We've gotten this far with no one posting this beautiful pic of Hall & Oates loungin' on a Fiero? I'm here to fix that.

David S. Wallens
2/27/20 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Rock the f' on. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/27/20 12:12 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I don't like his music.  but I like his cars.

Agreed! Well said

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/27/20 10:20 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

We've gotten this far with no one posting this beautiful pic of Hall & Oates loungin' on a Fiero? I'm here to fix that.

I know many musicians are short, but I never realized they both make that Fiero look huge!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0ZPZtHEIjrKLkks69eY687zbO4MqvkTFIsdU1xnKdbl8V45j2jy2PCFdoJGsyuTi