1 2
bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
10/15/11 9:56 p.m.

The Nissan Juke-R looks like it might turn out pretty cool! I wonder if Nissan would ever build a more sporty version of the Juke and not just a GT-R transplant. Maybe they could pretty it up a bit while they're at it.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
10/15/11 10:26 p.m.

The super juke is pure awesome wrapped in the ugliest x-mas paper ever created.

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
10/15/11 10:48 p.m.

Hey what happened? I embedded a YouTube video of the Juke-R.

Well here's the link

http://youtu.be/87j0Ee6azDg

asterisk
asterisk New Reader
10/15/11 11:12 p.m.

A high performance crossover? I'm all for zany projects but... meh. I'd prefer the Primera touring car form early in the video:

Vigo
Vigo Dork
10/17/11 2:22 p.m.

I just want them to put the factory Juke motor in a Cube. The Juke-R doesnt do ANYTHING for me. It's not because it's a juke. It's because its completely irrelevant.. anyone with the ability to do such a thing should probably be doing something WAY cooler with their time.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/17/11 2:56 p.m.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/17/11 3:10 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I just want them to put the factory Juke motor in a Cube. The Juke-R doesnt do ANYTHING for me. It's not because it's a juke. It's because its completely irrelevant.. anyone with the ability to do such a thing should probably be doing something WAY cooler with their time.

On aesthetics alone, I'd much rather have the Juke than the Cube. If I want an underpowered toaster on wheels, I'll take a 1st-gen xB.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
10/17/11 3:47 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
10/17/11 5:35 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

I want the 6-speed in the AWD Juke. Being stuck with the craptacular CVT unless you go FWD blows goats. I've got a loaner Altima with the 2.5l and CVT setting out in the drive, so far I HATE it.

• Lee
neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
10/17/11 8:03 p.m.

On a side note to CVTs. Once the reliability issue is resolved, wouldn't it be possible to hack the programming and create a "sport mode"?

Will
Will Dork
10/17/11 8:24 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote:

Nissan has just wrested the title of ugliest car ever built from the Pontiac Aztek. My cat just looked at the picture of that thing and tried to bury it.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
10/18/11 5:45 a.m.

In reply to bluesideup:

Once a pickle, always a pickle....

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/18/11 5:49 a.m.

I dig em.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
10/18/11 6:24 a.m.

the head lights kill it for me (actually the turn signals in the hood), other wise it look fine.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/18/11 6:27 a.m.
Volksrodden wrote: the head lights kill it for me (actually the turn signals in the hood), other wise it look fine.

Yeah, those are the headlights. It's berkeleying hideous.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/18/11 7:32 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote:

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
10/18/11 7:50 a.m.

I'd roll it. Who cares how it looks, it will smoke anything on the street and leave the other driver looking at it like "WTF is that?"

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/18/11 7:51 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote:

I like it.

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
10/18/11 7:58 a.m.

Has anyone noticed the GTR lookalike wheels? It looks nice, I like it

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
10/18/11 8:05 a.m.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
10/18/11 8:07 a.m.

Uhh, perhaps you didn't notice the dual rear wings? TWO WINGS people!!! That has to be better!

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
10/18/11 8:09 a.m.

I couldn't find a plecostomus with two rear wings. Sorry.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
10/18/11 8:28 a.m.

I wished before that Nissan would put that drivetrain (with a 6 speed manual, of course) into something more normal appearance-wise. After reading the latest C&D mini-car comparo, I'm not sure the designed-to-be-cheap Versa is salvagable.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/18/11 8:46 a.m.
jstein77 wrote: I wished before that Nissan would put that drivetrain (with a 6 speed manual, of course) into something more normal appearance-wise.

Altima coupe!

...in the world!!!

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
10/18/11 8:47 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
Vigo wrote: I just want them to put the factory Juke motor in a Cube. The Juke-R doesnt do ANYTHING for me. It's not because it's a juke. It's because its completely irrelevant.. anyone with the ability to do such a thing should probably be doing something WAY cooler with their time.
On aesthetics alone, I'd much rather have the Juke than the Cube. If I want an underpowered toaster on wheels, I'll take a 1st-gen xB.

These might be the most hilarious comments I've ever read on this board. Aesthetics used in a sentence containing both the Cube and the Juke??? Priceless, keep 'em coming!

"want", "rather have", "Juke", "Cube"??? hahahahahahahaha

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VeU38oO4KQQgcRNBeRAnVk0pnTb3BOn4AzfzWriNY3zUAI8OwrUiIfEWtpmz1Yhi