spkorb
spkorb New Reader
6/11/13 9:39 p.m.

Now if I can just keep the drag time above 10.49 seconds I won't have to put in a roll cage.

Anyone have a spare Previa supercharger? I don't have much budget left unless the box of spare parts comes with an Inglese 8 stack

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/11/13 10:30 p.m.

Nice.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
6/11/13 10:45 p.m.

Is that a fiat badge? Besides that I have no idea what it is but it looks very GRM

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
6/12/13 12:22 a.m.

just FYI. My 850 motor has held 21lbs boost for 2 years now.

They are great handling cars stock. Resist the urge to stick a heavy engine out back and ruin that. The factory long block weighs about 120 pounds. Pretty much any swap out there is way more than that.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
6/12/13 1:09 a.m.

Be careful with sticky tires on the back too, back when those were new my dad had a abarth 1300 coupe version, but someone he knew had a spider and flipped it as an autocross after putting sticky tires on it.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
6/12/13 7:56 a.m.

I've been looking for one of those for several years. Sanity keeps getting in my way.
:)

If you can break 10.49 seconds in the Eighth Mile... I'll buy you a beer.

Powar
Powar Dork
6/12/13 8:04 a.m.

"I want that."

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
6/12/13 10:01 a.m.
spkorb wrote: Anyone have a spare Previa supercharger?

I do indeed. PM me if you're interested.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
6/12/13 10:48 a.m.
Jaynen wrote: Is that a fiat badge? Besides that I have no idea what it is but it looks very GRM

It's a Fiat 850 Spyder. Occasionally would kick Bugeye ass (read:"mine") in hillclimbs in the early '70s

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
6/12/13 11:44 a.m.

Beautiful car. And is that Sean Korb? Where have you been?

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
6/18/13 9:06 p.m.

In reply to ditchdigger:

What did you do for boost? Turbo to the Webber or EFI? That seems the easiest way to go with this thing :) I think 6 lbs is enough but you know how that goes.

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
6/18/13 9:07 p.m.

In reply to 16vCorey: I've been ummm... busy. Built a few Demolition Derby cars, went racing oval track in UCAR bomber competition. And I'm lame ;)

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
6/18/13 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Powar:

Just watched this movie for the first time on Sunday. Holy Carp!

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
6/18/13 9:11 p.m.
spkorb wrote: In reply to ditchdigger: What did you do for boost? Turbo to the Webber or EFI? That seems the easiest way to go with this thing :) I think 6 lbs is enough but you know how that goes.

EFI.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/820/

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
6/18/13 9:12 p.m.

In reply to Travis_K:

With race tires I'd have to drive it like Johnny did with the Yugo... occasionally on 2 wheels. With the swing axle rear suspension though the jacking effect could flip it easily during sudden traction transitions. Unsafe at any speed ;)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
6/19/13 8:42 a.m.
spkorb wrote: In reply to Travis_K: With race tires I'd have to drive it like Johnny did with the Yugo... occasionally on 2 wheels. With the swing axle rear suspension though the jacking effect could flip it easily during sudden traction transitions. Unsafe at any speed ;)

the hell you say! if it's low enough and stiff enough, no jacking!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BKZe0gFZp1r0AYXOHccx4Sa43KR6imM8HeTlhL38GPl3t3Heq9TH34TozVrUUFQQ