1 2
nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
2/7/14 8:08 p.m.

Looks like autobahn to me, trucks are certainly euro. I see nothing wrong here.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
2/7/14 8:11 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Quite an aware biker. He pulled out of the fast lane to let the wagon past- most guys rolling that kind of speed have a tendency toward tunnel vision.

Little known fact that I learned while driving my humble rental car on the autobahn: The linked rings on the Audi grille are German for "Out of my way you ignorant peasant"!

I don't actually know for a fact what happens to left lane hogs in Germany, but it must be really bad because it just ain't done.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
2/7/14 9:46 p.m.

They get bumped. At speed. Seriously.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
2/7/14 11:49 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: I couldn't make out the speedo when the audi passed either, but judging by the rate of things flying by, between 160-170.
He slowed down to 275 when the camera came in-focus.

275kph would be 170mph.

Contradiction
Contradiction New Reader
2/8/14 12:11 a.m.

Stupid and irresponsible? Absolutely!

Awesome? Also absolutely!

I'm sure the guy on the bike was pretty damn shocked to see the wagon come and play too. :)

Knurled
Knurled PowerDork
2/8/14 7:36 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
Knurled wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: I couldn't make out the speedo when the audi passed either, but judging by the rate of things flying by, between 160-170.
He slowed down to 275 when the camera came in-focus.
275kph would be 170mph.

Yes it is. What was in question was if he was really going 300km/h or if he was simply redlining in a lower gear.

IIRC, at least on the older ZX10, the speed limiter is just a lower rev limiter that kicks in when the trans is in 6th, so it is easily defeated. Not sure what the fancy new ones have.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
2/8/14 11:13 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPJmEt8cmI

"Driving from Augsburg to Munich together with an Audi RS6 ABT (700hp). The total distance of ~50km (~31 miles) was completed in under 15 minutes. That results in a average speed of around 215 km/h (~133 mph)."

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
2/10/14 12:58 p.m.

He is a braver soul than myself, I've only hit north of 150 on my bike a few times. much less held it there

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P44kq2abegRZydTrZetVDmiLPChnwnipZuU3MOKusrmAgac3BSvLE5bDxrRqOFKf