docwyte
docwyte UberDork
7/9/20 6:34 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Which are still fugly

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
7/9/20 8:12 p.m.

Go Honda. The trouble with pumping money into an older DD car is that it will break down at the worst possible time. Like 50 miles from home in a blinding thunder storm. You can replace all the usual wear/maintenance stuff at home but it's that one weird thing that will give out when you are out.  Ask me how I know. Si all the way.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
7/9/20 8:25 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Exactly. All of the Civics are fugly. 

But I'd still rather have one than a GTI with problems.

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
7/9/20 8:30 p.m.

The Civics are butt ugly....

No amount of performance is going to cover up an ugly car for me.  I often sit and stare at my cars for absolutely no reason at all other than I like how they look.  That ain't gonna happen with a Civic.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
7/9/20 8:53 p.m.

Having had a money pit that was a mk6 GTI I say get the civic and either keep the GTI or save up for a weekend "toy" car. 
I went back to v8 rwd myself but my wife daily's a 9th gen Si (2012) and loves it and I love the lack of repairs I've had to do to it compared to her last 4 daily drivers. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/10/20 12:05 p.m.

Get a Fit Sport Manual

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/10/20 5:45 p.m.

This is a timely discussion, as I am in exactly the same spot with my 2011 GTI at 93k miles. Trying to figure out what a good replacement would be.  Leaning at the moment towards a somewhat used Mazda 3 or 6, but that will probably change multiple times over the next couple of weeks.  Thinking about making a stop at the local Carmax to set a floor on what the old girl is worth this week.  Guessing not a lot.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/10/20 6:22 p.m.

Or maybe a Caddy.  

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
7/10/20 10:57 p.m.

Fit Sport Manual gets my vote. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mniMRZSz8c0LpzTMYaafZKr61GDL2C9FHqTgn8Ivg4H4RSDW27LYQq3Ni1aGtAli