mmosbey
mmosbey Reader
11/13/11 10:50 a.m.

No affiliation, and haven't seen it in person. I think I could enjoy something like this, but I am sadly, not in the market.

04 MG ZT T 260 Estate in Florida. It's British, has a manual transmission, a 4.6 V8, some history, and a great deal of room in the back. What's not to like?

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
11/13/11 10:53 a.m.

that it can't be legally in the us for another 20 years? that is the only thing I don't like about it

mmosbey
mmosbey Reader
11/13/11 11:16 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: that it can't be legally in the us for another 20 years? that is the only thing I don't like about it

Actually, with outfits like Sun and Europa doing federalization work, and with the manufacturer having brought it in, there is a possibility that the car is here legally, simply by virtue of having come in the expensive way, right?

corytate
corytate HalfDork
11/13/11 11:25 a.m.

I remember seeing them review the (i think it was coupe, may have been a sedan) on top gear and loving it.
waaaaaant/

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
11/13/11 2:33 p.m.

That car has been on sale for several months. I guess anyone in the market for a wagon like this, buys a M-B or BMW, instead.

I may be wrong, but I believe this car (well, not this particular car, but this model of Rover/MG) was originally built as a front wheel driver by Rover, starting JUST before they were bought out by BMW.

familytruckster
familytruckster Reader
11/13/11 2:58 p.m.

Looks a lot like a falcon.

Winston
Winston Reader
11/13/11 3:06 p.m.

Wirewheel has had the car for sale on and off for at least a year or two. I've been drooling over it for about that long, anyway. I'm also curious as to its legality.

mmosbey
mmosbey Reader
11/13/11 3:49 p.m.
integraguy wrote: I may be wrong, but I believe this car (well, not this particular car, but this model of Rover/MG) was originally built as a front wheel driver by Rover, starting JUST before they were bought out by BMW.

That's what wikipedia said. I can't think of any other cars that have made that switch without a clean paper rework. I mean, the Plymouth Scamp, for example, switched from RWD to FWD sure, but good luck finding a common part between the two.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
11/13/11 6:51 p.m.

Wow, I had no idea they made an Estate... Looks pretty sharp too, a bit Jaguar-ish in the rear.

That said... It's a crying shame they had to use the 4.6 mod motor. That lump of slag iron could rip the fun out of just about anything. Even the classic 5.0 would have been a better choice.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8TER1dXmHBDdzxOonIIvYfNlOI0cgG3UjfTz9ohU0ck901ogq3bjDJD4A3txKSHV